12. HIDDEN STORIES

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — Wanda announced that she had finally finished cooking and baking for today's dinner and sent everyone to the perfectly set dining table

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — Wanda announced that she had finally finished cooking and baking for today's dinner and sent everyone to the perfectly set dining table. It looked wonderful. There were even candles on the table. The girl had never seen so much food before.  Little Maximoff had apparently put a lot of effort into tonight, which made the little Sirens heart smile a little.

The guest of honor was supposed to sit down in the middle and next to her sat the captain and Natasha.  Wanda came back from the kitchen with another Avengers member who introduced himself as a vision. His skin was pink and he wore a yellow stone on his forehead.

The two also sat down at the table and they all started to eat together. It tasted delicious, the girl had never eaten anything so delicious. Wanda cooked a sokovian dish as she explained and got a lot of compliments for it.

While everyone continued to sit at the table, the others often told each other different things or explained something to the newcomer. They told of their adventures, experiences or pasts and laughed together about the evening.

"So, Arielle, what is your story?" Tony finally asked, but the girl didn't notice that she was meant, which is why Natasha nudged her lightly with her elbow. The girl lifted her head and turned to Tony. She wasn't sure, however what she should answer, so she just gave a short shrug.

"I think the name suits you." Natasha smiled kindly and tried to give her more beautiful thoughts than Hydra. The truth was, the girl didn't know her real name. Well not anymore ... For Hydra she was just a siren ...  A monster. Nothing else. And she just didn't want to belong to Hydra anymore.

"Who is this Ariel?" Steve asked after deliberation and didn't know the story behind the name either. "Ariel, was a mermaid." Sam started explaining to Steve and looked from him to the girl.

"Exactly and well Arielle and her daddy didn't get along well." Tony continued, thinking of the similarities she and the girl had. "She wanted to be with the people on land, but her father forbade her."

"She also saved a prince from drowning in the sea and pulled him ashore." Natasha said and grinned at Steve, who was still listening intently to the story.