Today is Full of Surprises

I'm fresh out of chapter titles lmao

I woke up to the apartment door closing. I was kind of thrown off by the sound of snoring coming from my phone and remembered last night. I hung up the phone and messaged Corpse on Snapchat saying thank you for calling last night and that I hope that he has slept well. I got up and went about my morning activities. 

I had just sat down at the table with the girls when my phone rang. It's my boss. 
"Good morning, sir!" I said happily. 
"Good morning Dawson. I'm calling to let you know that because of Covid I have to limit the people that come in and out of the building and I don't want to put you at risk. This doesn't mean that you aren't going to get paid. You live stream right?" he asked. 
"Okay, that makes sense, thank you and I do," I replied. 
"Okay, I thought so. What I'm going to arrange with Helen is paying you to live stream. You would get your full paycheck to just stream. And stream whenever you want to but I can't really pay you to do nothing, you know?" He said, "Would that be of interest to you?" 
"That would be amazing actually. Thank you!" I exclaimed and he laughed. Helen is our CFO. 
"No problem kid. This is an unfortunate circumstance for everyone and I'd be damned if I let my employees suffer through this," He said. 
"Thank you and it really is. You're a lad," I said and he laughed again. 
"I'm glad that I have your stamp of approval. I have to go and make some more phone calls but have a good day," He said. 
"Thank you and I will. You too." 
"Bye kid." 
"Bye," I said and he hung up. I smiled and ate my toast. I talked to Beanie and Hange for a little while and as I took my last bite of toast, my phone buzzed and it was an email from my professor. 
"Ah, look at that, the rest of my classes are going to be completed online. Sweet," I said and put my phone down. I stood up and tried to pet Bean and Hange and they both seemed to enjoy it. I remember reading somewhere that they like to be pet on the head and don't mind being held. I dropped some food into the tank with them and went to go play Minecraft. I kicked up a stream and lots of people joined. 

"Good morning folks. How's it going?" I asked and chat said they were doing well and that they were glad that I was streaming. 
"I'm glad that I'm streaming too. I think I'm going to jump onto the server that Dream and George started recently to keep working on my house," I said and loaded in. I went right to working. I didn't even notice that someone else joined. Until they came into my house. I turned around and there was someone standing there. Let me tell you, the ungodly screech that I let out echoed in my room and jumped. I realized that it wasn't a mob and laughed. 
"That was, excuse the language, fucking terrifying. Who is this? Techno-blade? Tech-no-blade? Like all tech and no blade?" I asked. Something in the game chat popped up. 

Technoblade: Who goes there
Me: Frosty. Who are you? 
Technoblade: Do you have Discord? 
Me: I do 
Technoblade: Want to talk on that or are you like Callahan? 
Me: We can talk but I'm live
Technoblade: That's okay

I sent that and blurred my screen while we shared Discord usernames and we added each other. 
"Uh, hey?" I asked. 
"Hello," 
"Bonjour," 
"Hola," 
"I'm out of languages," I said and laughed. 
"That's good because so am I. So, this is your uh, cave?" He asked looking around. 
"Yeah, I'm digging it out then I can have mines and gardens and stuff," I replied. 
"Oh, that sounds cool. Would you like to form an alliance?" He asked. 
"What kind of alliance?" 
"Mostly a resource alliance. Maybe some material trading," He suggested. 
"Sure. That sounds good. I like mining, mainly because I suck at building but if you ever need any coal or iron then let me know and I can probably get you some," I said. 
"Good, gooood. And I can help you with food if you wish," He replied. 
"Okay, sounds good," He said and turned to leave. 
"O-okay?" I said and he walked off and left the Discord chat thing. 
"Uh, chat? That was strange. Do we trust him?" I asked and looked at chat, "looks like everyone's saying yes so I guess that Technoblade is a new friend," I said and went about my stream. I went to check on the girls, pet them, put some snacks in with them and grab something for me too and went back. I'd get up every now and then. Technoblade helped me dig out a mine and I forgot about it by the time I got back from my snack.