23

"hi. how's florida? hot?"

"hot. it's so humid. i wake up every morning in panic sweats."

"i told you so. was it weird meeting dream and sapnap irl?"

"yes. it was so awkward at first. then sapnap made a fart joke and then it was fine. it feels really normal being here, honestly. i miss you."

"i miss you too. thanks for the snapchat vlog updates. they're funny. also dream looks exactly like how i thought he'd look."

"and how's that?"

"white. really white. like he plays lacrosse and hosts a party for the world bowl or something."

"HA. i'm going to tell clay you said that. and i think it's the super bowl."

"tell sapnap i miss him too. my little sussy baka cowboy."

"you're disgusting. i regret giving him your number."

"stop, you know sapnap's my number one."

"what am i then? chopped liver?"

"no, you're the love of my life," she blushes, "i have to go, saoirse's calling me. big client apparently, i'll talk to you later? i miss you."

"i miss you too. actually, i have a proposition really quickly."

"what is it?"

"would you want to come to florida and visit for a few weeks next month? it'll be fun, i promise."

"i'll think about it. only to see sapnap though, not for you."

"of course. i'll let you go now. talk to you soon?"

"yeah. i'll call you after work. bye gogy."

"bye, devyn."

devyn sighed as she hung up the phone, missing her boyfriend. he'd only left a few days ago, but to her, it felt like weeks since they saw each other everyday for the past two months. george was rather clingy. really clingy, actually.

a knock on her door prompted her to look up at the visitor. she'd been promoted from the dusty ass corner desk to her own small little office at the end of the row as an associate. dev was pretty good at her job— let's just say that george could never get a word in and always lost the argument. she was always right though.

"come on, meeting starts in a minute and saoirse is way too excited about this client so it's probably someone big."

"thanks, connor. be right out."

devyn quickly stood up, brushing out her skirt. he held the door for her as she dipped out of the room from under his arm.

they sat through the meeting, quickly finding out that they were representing niall horan in some very complicated copyright battle. dev resisted the urge to scream and cry at the same time. out of joy.

as they stepped out of the meeting, connor stifled a laugh, "i tried to ignore your death grip on the chair but i take it you were a big directioner?"

she only nodded in agreement. "niall girl?" he asked.

"yup. i forced george to come with me to all of their concerts. then for my birthday last year, george spent his first big youtube paycheck taking me to meet harry styles."

"he has been in love with you for the past like decade. i can't believe you just started dating like two months ago."

"me and harry styles?"

"no, you and george. oh my god. do you want to get drinks after work?"

dev looked off to the side, "well," she dragged out, "i promised george i'd call him. rain check? and he's not in love with me. well, probably not. he hasn't said anything."

"sure. he's totally not in love with you. and he definitely doesn't have the names for your children picked out."

she gave him a nasty look.

george eventually got over his dislike for connor, after finding out that connor was a huge minecraft nerd, and that he was more into george than devyn. connor's boyfriend was not really happy about that. dev blamed george's pretty privilege. it was a regular occurrence for connor, james, and dev to get white girl wasted and pass out on george's bed while he sat at his desk laughing at them with sapnap and dream.

"i'll see you this weekend?" dev asked as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"yeah, sure. and you should go to florida to see george, by the way. it'll be good for you."

"how'd you know about that?"

"he asked me if you could get off work for a few weeks. i told him yes, since we're taking on this big ass case that'll take the whole summer and saoirse's probably chill with it. she loves you. and george too, since he brought merch and that bobble head thing for her son. she gets it."

dev smiles, "okay. we'll see. bye connor."