56

"So, you made it out alive."

The voice was familiar, one that nearly sent tears to your eyes just from hearing it again.

Aizawa stood before you, wearing the same outfit that he'd been in on the night of his death.

Without thinking, you ran forward and wrapped your arms around him. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I miss you so much."

"Do you?" He asked. "Because from what I've seen, you haven't said my name even once since you've awoken."

Guilt washed over you as he placed his hands on your shoulders and shoved you away from him, causing you to fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry." You said. "I'm trying to focus on my plan, I can't afford to-"

"Your plan? The one in which you defeat All For One?"  Aizawa scoffed. "You're even more of an idiot than I thought if you truly believe you can beat him."

His words were harsh, his voice cold and distant. You knew that this wasn't him, it couldn't be, but each word still stung.

"I'll get stronger." You stated. "Strong enough to kill him."

"You'll never be strong enough. I trained you for nearly a year and yet you've still lost nearly every battle. It's impossible to become stronger if you're weak, and that's what you are, you're weak."

He spat out those last words venomously, pausing between each one to make sure the message was clearly heard.

You shook your head. "This isn't real."

His hand grabbed you by the collar of your shirt, lifting you to your feet. His features began to change, his eyes growing cold and lifeless, blood spilling from his mouth and chest.

"This is what you did to me." He rasped.

You tried to look away but you found that you couldn't move.

"Face your guilt, look at me and understand that all of this could have been avoided if you'd only been stronger!"

The air felt as though it'd been sucked out of your lungs as you continued to struggle against the unknown force. Aizawa released his grip and you fell to the ground in a heap, gasping for air.

He stared down at you, no signs of emotion present on his face. "It was your fault. All of this was your fault."

----------

You got out of bed silently, feeling sick as you walked on shaky legs to the bathroom down the hall.

It had just been a nightmare, but the words continued to ring inside your head.

After getting to the bathroom and splashing cool water onto your face, you placed both hands on the counter and looked at yourself in the mirror.

Staring into your own bloodshot eyes, you tried to ignore the hellish state of your appearance and focus solely on the words that you spoke to yourself.

"There's no time for this shit." You muttered. "Just suck it up."

From downstairs, the sound of someone saying your name caught your attention.

It wasn't a voice that you recognized, so you tentatively made your way to the top of the staircase and peeked down into the dining area.

Your heart rate picked up at the sight of two police officers sitting at the table across from Bakugous' mom, both of them seemed to be waiting on something.