CHAPTER 19- Wake up

I parked my car sa tapat ng bahay nila Samantha because it is her Birthday today. Eira agreed that I should come here because she understands that I have friends aside from my relationship with her. Although she is not okay with Sam, I would always reassure her that she is the only one for me.

I'm with Chinee and right now, sumabay siya sa pagsakay sa car ko earlier.

"Glad you came here! Kahit sobrang busy ng schedule mo. Grabe ang artista life ha!" Bati ni Samantha while placing a soft peck on my cheek.

"Happy Birthday, Sammy!" I hugged her then gave her my gift that was wrapped in a pink ribbon. Nagulat naman siya because she did not expect it. It was a custom plated necklace with her name written on it.

"WOW! This so so gorgeous! You don't have to buy gift for me, Athena. Presence mo lang, okay na." She said while grinning at me.

"Chinee! I'm so glad that you're here too!" Bati niya kay Chinee tsaka ito niyakap.

May dalawang babae naman ang sumulpot sa likod ni Samantha mukhang nasa early thirties din ang mga ito.

"Ladies, meet Athena and Chinee, my Graduate School Friends." Pagpapakilala ni Samantha sa dalawang babaeng dumping. They both look elegant and halatang may class.

"Athena and Chinee, meet my cousin Helena, and her fiancé, Jeniffer." Turo niya sa dalawang babae na naka dress at heels. Si Helena ay brunette na wavy while Jeniffer is a blonde.

"Athena, I heard a lot of things from you." Helena smiled at me. I don't know but she has something in her. I'm kind of not comfortable.

Bigla naman akong kinabahan dahil sa sinabi niya.

"Ano ka ba, don't be stiff! Of course, you are a celebrity, malamang maraming alam si Helena sa'yo." Biglang salo ni Samantha sa pinsan niyang si Helena.

Helena just shrugged and it feels like she just lost interest in me. I don't know why but this is just our first meeting. Mukhang hindi niya ako gusto.

"Let's get drunk and let's get the party started, instead." Helena says out of the blue.

I don't want to get drunk because I still have classes tomorrow and besides, I need to drive home.

We are now in the lounge with her other cousins. Kami lang ni Chinee ang invited na friends niya. Medyo picky din kasi si Samantha sa kaibigan at ayaw niya ng plastic. Maarte talaga siya at mabuti na lang mabilis kami nag click because she has a good and soft heart inside.

Sooner, Samantha's mother walked out of the kitchen while holding the cake. We all sang and gave our birthday wishes to her.

While I was giving my message to Samantha, I can see that Helena's eyes are rolling at me. Ano bang problema nito sa akin? Kanina pa siya.

"Picture tayo girls!" Paanyaya ni Samantha sa amin.

We all made a group picture. I know for sure she would post it and update her profile on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook because she always does that.

"I tagged you, okay?" Samantha smiled at me while drinking her wine.

"That's fine." I gently smiled at her.

"Oh, wala naman magagalit diba?" She smiled back at me.

Walang magagalit because Eira knows that I am here.

"No one. Why would someone get mad?" I was curious at her.

"Because we are surrounded with my cousins?" Nakakunot na sagot niya sa akin.