Part 7

Seokjin's Point of View

Talking to her after all these years made everything feels right with world. I woke up smiling this morning, even though I know Eun Jung was dead pissed with me. 

"Someone woke up with a smile. That's something we haven't seen in a long time", Jimin joked.

I just realized I fell asleep on the couch at our dorm and when I woke up, the guys were sitting around me. Just waiting for me to tell the juiciest gossip.

"You guys know nothing happened last night, right?", I was puzzled.

Jimin nodded, "Yes, but does it mean we can finally see her?"

"I asked her about it but she's not exactly comfortable... you guys do remember Eun Jung right?", I responded.

I could feel Taehyung was rolling his eyes as soon as I mentioned Eun Jung's name. Out of all of these guys, Eun Jung definitely didn't pass his vibe check. Or whatever people call it these days.

"Hyung, do you mind us hanging out with her, without you... At least you can still keep Eun Jung around and we can hang out with Ye-Ji again", Taehyung sarcastically said.

Text Message

Eun Jung - Are you still up for lunch?
Jin - Yep. I'll pick you up in 2 hours. I am at the dorm.
Eun Jung - Okay.

The lunch was awkward. I tried to make conversation with her but clearly, she wasn't interested. 

"Look, if you are not up for lunch, why did you agree to go out?", I bluntly asked.

She looked at me in disbelief, "You were the one who hung out with your ex-wife at odd hours, without Yoongi, as promised and you are the one who's acting up?"

"How did you know about Yoongi?"

"It was a hunch but seeing the way you respond, I stand corrected now, don't I?"

"Can we talk about it at home?", I said as I was paying the bill.

The car ride wasn't pleasant either. Eun Jung started questioning about a lot of things and as much as I wanted to argue, I knew what I did wasn't fair to her but the thing that pissed her off the most was that she never felt welcome whenever she tried to talk to the guys. I kept blaming it on the agency when in reality, they just didn't wanna talk to her. 

"Look, I don't wanna fight with you. Especially when I only have 3 weeks before I start heading back to the studio. I will not hang out with her anymore and I will try to talk to the guys about this."

Ye-Ji's Point of View 

Few days later, I managed to score a job somewhere in the city as marketing manager for a food company and since I didn't have anyone to take of Ara while I am at work, I started sending her to playschool somewhere nearby the office. Since my work can be done mostly online, I was rarely in office. I'd always try to hang out somewhere nearby her playschool for some peace of mind.

I was about to leave Ara at her playschool when I bumped into Yoongi.

"Jeez, why do I bump into u when I least expect it", I joked.

Yoongi was walking alone and he flashed the brightest gummy smile when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Just wanted to take advantage of this nice weather. Is this Ara's new school?", he asked when he saw the sign.

I nodded, "I can assume only you know about this, right?"

"You do know that the first time we saw you, Jungkook and Hobi were there right?"

I laughed, "Yeah... did they ever ask you about Ara?"

"I think they got it figured out but ya know both of them, you don't ask, they won't tell", Yoongi calmly responded.

"Hey, I just have an idea. Why don't you come and hang out with us tonight?"

I blinked few times before I could answer.

"He won't be there. He told us already that he has other plans tonight."

It took him very little effort to convince me because he knew I missed hanging out with them. My heart dropped a little when I heard that Jin wasn't going to be there and I was half angry at myself for feeling that way.

He has a girlfriend, remember?

Later that night, I made my way to their dorm very oh-so discreetly and managed to avoid any press. When I arrived, all of them except for Jin was there, including Mina and YunHee (Namjoon's girlfriend). We talked, a lot! I was so happy to hang out with all of them again even though it partly felt weird that Jin wasn't there.

"Have you been seeing anyone?", Namjoon asked.

I shook my head, "Who has the time! I was quite occupied in London wit-", I stopped myself and Yoongi just looked at me like a deer in headlights. 

"With what? Tell us!", Jimin excitedly asked.

"Just work stuff. You know how Londoners are, busy busy", I lied.

"Do you want to stay over for the night? Mina and YunHee are planning to sleepover. Since Jin is not coming back tonight, you can just sleep in his room", Taehyung said.

I remembered Ara at home and made a quick call to my mother since I was already half drunk from all the drinks that Jimin served. My mother assured me that it was okay to stay over and to make sure that I'll come back before noon.

"Come on! We'll sleep with you in that room unless if you prefer to sleep on the couch...", Mina joked.

"Fine but are you sure he's not coming back?", I asked again

"YES!", all of them responded, in unison.

We talked and talked and talked til it was really late at night. Since all of them stayed over, I had no choice but to sleep in Jin's room but MIna and YunHee agreed to bunk with me. I already had too much to drink so it didn't take me long to fall into deep sleep as long as I got into bed.

I accidentally woke up at 5AM because that's the usual time Ara would wake me up for toilet.

"Ara?", I said and then I remembered that I wasn't at my parents' place.

I looked at the empty space on my left and right and that was when I realized that both of the girls left me in room all alone.

The moment I realized I was alone in his room, I felt anxious. I wanted to throw up. I had no idea what made me agree to sleep here even though he was not around. I used to sleep in this room three years ago, we used to share this bed together. I started sobbing when I realized there was someone in the room, sitting on the couch opposite my bed.

"Did you have nightmare?"