85

Cleo Horan

I had no fucking idea who this person standing in front of me was, but I was sure I had seen her tonight... wasn't she the one who asked me if I was looking for someone? She had the same eyes and I was certain it was the same dress.

Harry's body tensed right next to me and he squeezed my hand again, there was recognition on his face so I was sure he knew her.

Fuck, his hands were so cold... he was still too affected by his time in the dark and I just wanted to take his pain and fear away. After I finally found the room he was in and unlocked the door, the first thing I did was to turn on the lights. That's when I spotted Harry sitting in the corner, sobbing and crying his eyes out, probably the most I had ever seen him cry. His body was shaking as he said Anne's name, and then he mentioned some Gemma I had never heard of before.

I could tell he was in pain, it took me about five minutes to finally make him snap out of the prison his mind was keeping him in, it was something much worse than a panic attack. Harry was simply lost inside his own mind and I really wondered what the fuck was going on in there. Why was he so scared?

When he opened his eyes and recognized me, he acted as if nothing had happened, slowly returning to reality.

Maybe he never remembered his episodes or the motive for his fear... this could be a defense mechanism to keep his repressed memories locked away, and maybe being in the dark triggered that. It had to be something extremely traumatic to leave him this way.

I just knew I never wanted to see him like that again.

It hurt me so fucking much that I actually started crying, and I wanted to bring Desmond back to life so I could kill him all over again. What kind of person played with someone's fear like this? His Own son... God, I was fucking glad he was dead.

The adrenaline was still running high in my body and I couldn't feel anything but worry now, I had to get Harry out of here. He needed to recover and he needed to feel safe, and now my mother was finally dead as well.

She deserved worse. the quick death I gave her was better than nothing, but I wished I had time to torture her. make her pay for all the cruel things she had done. I felt nothing but relief when I pulled the trigger.

I didn't even let her speak, I just shot her. I was so fucking done with everything.

And now this place was on fire.

My brain was trying to connect the dots... the girls were missing, the windows and doors were locked... someone targeted this masquerade and they knew exactly what was going on. They planned to set this place on fire.

It couldn't be the FBI, they wouldn't burn all these people. This seemed like an act of desperation and impulse, but who the fuck would do this?

I agreed that everyone in here should burn, but needed to get the fuck out before.

Harry glanced sideways at me, his green eyes were still bloodshot and his hair was a mess, the paleness of his face concerned me and I just wanted to leave.

Nothing mattered anymore but him, the thought of losing him or seeing him suffering had actually become my biggest fear.

He was still confused about seeing me with a gun, and trust me, I was confused too. I was focusing on what was happening around us and my instincts kicked in, I had no control over it. And I was really glad this happened when I needed it the most.

The gun was loaded in case I needed to shoot this crazy bitch in front of me, saying she was looking for us? Why? Was she working with my mother?

"What the fuck do you mean, Cindy?" Harry asked her, clenching his jaw.