twenty-three

the male didn't give a fuck for the motorcycle. sungchan took the unconscious male into his arms, letting it drop to the ground and pushed the door roughly causing the members present in the living room to turn their heads.

before taeyong could ask how the date went, he immediately spotted shotaro's white polo drenched in a deep red color. "kun!" he used his loudest voice, "clinic! emergency!"

the leader helped them into the room, placing shotaro gently on the bed. they could here the doctor's quick steps followed by another pair, it must be jaemin. "what happened?" kun pushed past the door, seeing the japanese on the bed.

"i brought him to the flower field you found me in," sungchan nervously looked at the leader. "it was going to be the last part of the date then we haven't been there for long then he got shot. he was running towards me-"

"hey? calm down, alright?" jaemin placed his hands on the babbling male who looked like he was on the verge of tears, "he'll be fine. trust us, okay? we'll do everything we can."

"they must have been keeping an eye on him," taeyong moved aside, letting the medical officer do his thing together with his assistant. he turned to the worried male, wanting him to get out of the scene first. "get doyoung from his office and meet me in the conference room."

"but taro-" the leader stopped sungchan from talking any further, rubbing his back to let him know that he wasn't angry with how things turned out. "will be fine. jaemin just said it. for now, we need to let them do the work. we'll check on him again in a while, hm?"

it seems like the opposition is moving faster than they expected and they needed to think fast. one member has been hurt, what if they tack down the rest? time is running out for sakuya. no one knows if she is alive at the very moment.

"we need to send shotaro to them," taeyong voiced, "then give, i don't know, fake information? in exhange for the girl." the male was biting on his nails- another habit of his but it surfaces whenever he is anxious about something. no matter what the injury may be, fatal or not, worry never leaves his body knowing that a member of his is hurt. he feels like he himself is also wounded. as a leader and as their brother, he sincerely wants them all safe and sound.

"too obvious," the consigliere replied, scribbling nothings on his paper while thinking of another smarter option than what the leader has mentioned.

the affairs officer added, "we also don't know about shotaro's current condition. we can't just bring him to them. they might worsen his condition or something."

the two nodded at the statement. the younger was right. they don't know what the other mafias have installed for them. "sungchan, can you get donghyuck. i think we need to include him in this meeting."

sungchan bowed slightly and left the room. wanting to pass by the clinic to check on his injured lover, he decided not to as there are other people waiting and they needed to get this settled as soon as possible. figuring this out will be more helpful.

returning back to the conference room with the tanned male, he noticed that the doctor has joined in the meeting. he didn't take note of the time. they must have been in meeting for quite some time for the doctor to finish taking out the bullet and all.