Chapter 31

The week went by suspiciously quiet. There were no strange messages, no more drama from our parents, just me and school and Reyn and work. It was peaceful and I took it in gratefully while it lasted, unsure of what was to come.

Reyn began going to the gym again in the evenings before dinner which gave me the house to myself to study for an hour or two. Oreo would usually stay until he came back just watching some anime in the living room while I sat at the island in the kitchen with my noise-canceling headphones on.

Now it was Saturday and Reyn and I were trying to figure out what we were going to do today.

"Well, we went to the park last time." He began trying to search his mind for other ideas.

"I want to do something other than just going out to eat." I sighed, laid across the couch, my head hung off the edge. I looked at an upside-down Reyn stood in front of me with his arms crossed. He looked out the windows in thought.

"Sariah was talking about this market they have every Saturday. She said they sold all kinds of things people make themselves. Like artists and artisans and stuff."

"A market?" Reyn nodded. "That sounds so fun! Yes, I'd love to!" I sat up straight so quickly my head spun. I grabbed it and winced.

"Are you okay, baby?" Reyn rushed to me in one step, putting one hand over mine. The other was softly braced against the side of my face, holding it stable.

"All good, just a little dizzy," I smiled up at him once I regained my bearings.

"Alright, princess." He chuckled, "You want some coffee?"

"Hmm... okay. But I'm gonna need lots of sugar and cream."

"What? Not into black coffee?" He jested, scrunching his nose. I watched as he began pressing buttons on the coffee maker. A minute or two later, I rested my chin on my knees and scrolled through my phone.

"Here you go, love." Reyn handed me a steaming cup of coffee before bringing me some sugar and creamer.

He sipped from his own cups and watched with widening eyes as I scooped spoonful after spoonful of sugar into the dark brown liquid before adding creamer until the cup was nearly full.

"I think I now understand why you rarely drink coffee," Reyn slowly shared. I laughed.

"I'm a fairy princess, remember? We love sweet things." I cheekily explained.

"Oh? Is that right?" He smiled playfully back. "I'll keep that in mind." He took another small sip of coffee.

After finishing our drinks, we got up to go get changed.

I donned a black velvet dress that had spaghetti straps and ended about mid-thigh.

"Are you done?" I asked before turning around.

"Yes."

I yelped when I turned and quickly turned right back around.

"Reyn!"

"Yes, my love?"

"You know exactly what!" I exclaimed, making him laugh. I tried to erase the sight of his bare butt out of my mind. Now was not the time.

"I'm done for real now." Reyn chuckled.

As we turned around to face each other we took a glance at each other's outfits. He wore black slacks and a thin white button-up that was nearly see-through.

"We're matching," I mused.

"You really are my girl," he said, reminding me of the time he picked me up from my apartment to bring me here to study. He came closer to press a kiss to my lips.