𝟚𝟞 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕗 ℂ𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤

The smell of roast dinner was enough to make Ophelia's stomach growl and her mouth water

The smell of roast dinner was enough to make Ophelia's stomach growl and her mouth water. Never in her life had Ophelia seen such a feast like the in front of her - she had been to many of luxurious dinners, yet none were quite like this. Even the welcome feast at Hogwarts didn't seem to match what we in front of her!

"Merry Christmas Severus." Ophelia offered her usual bright smile to the boy who had chosen to willingly sit next to her on Christmas Day.

"Hm. You too McGonagall." Severus spoke, barely moving his lips as he breathed the words out.

"Are you having a nice day so far?"

"Remarkable." It really looked like Severus had to force the words out of his mouth.

After the remaining few seats had been filled, the dinner began. Laughter and chatter filled the Great Hall, even Peeves had joined them with no prank planned. Instead he sang Christmas songs, with the occasional rude word added, that caused even Dumbledore to let out hearty chuckles. In between the main and dessert, thudding footsteps behind Ophelia made her turn.

"Appy Christmas Ophelia." Hagrid bellowed and if it wasn't for the loud happy conversations around Ophelia would assume the entire table would have gone silent to listen.

"Merry Christmas Hagrid!"

"Fang loved 'is toy, 'e 'as not destroyed it yet either."

"Aw I'm glad, I knew he'd like the bacon scent on it! Little secret though Hagrid, I charmed the toy to be basically indestructible."

"Ruddy amazing! Right Fang and me got yeh a gift as well." Hagrid handed Ophelia a partly ripped gift, tears in spontaneous places.

"You didn't have to get me anything Hagrid."

"Rubbish, not many people 'ere spend time we me; think I'm crazy that they do."

A scoff came from Severus.

"That is because no one has taken the opportunity to get to know you." Ophelia spoke with her attention fixed on Hagrid, but a sharpness that Severus never expected from the girl he had only just truly met, was evident in her tone. The gift shook slightly in Ophelia's hand, which caused the three's gaze to turn to that.

"Uh, think its gotten a bit mad being kept under the table." Hagrid scratched at his wire like beard. "Might wanna be careful when yeh open it up."

The present shook again and Ophelia decided now would be the time to open whatever this gift might be. Tentatively she pulled away at the remaining bits of paper but as soon as she unwrapped it, a book dropped to the floor. Not just any book, this book began to scuttle across the floor.