Chapter 38 (pt 1): Blinded

A/N: ....put down the bricks. I'm sorry for the cliffhanger everyone but you all know I've gotta build tension somehow XD. Also, sorry this chapter took longer than normal. I was struggling with getting some of the emotions right. >~<  Anyways, here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

*WARNING*: This chapter contains blood, injuries, mentions of trauma and violence. Viewer discretion is advised please!

In hindsight, there weren't a lot of options running in Blyke's favor.

Remi couldn't exactly reverse the current of lightning once it was out of her hands.

Kuyo's swords weren't made of metal and even if he chucked one through the air, they wouldn't redirect the electricity in a decent manner.

Arlo's barrier probably would have done well, but it was already melted at by captain magma over here and from what he could recall, Arlo's barrier was NOT entirely immune to electricity. Those numerous losses to Rei that Remi mentioned only proved it.

So unless Isen had a lightning rod hidden in his pocket, Blyke would have to just go with his idea.

This brilliant idea you may ask?

Redirect it.

His logic behind it? 

Well, since lightning was energy in a much more condensed form and he could also discharge energy of his own, he figured a big enough discharge pulse would allow him to push it back and guide the bolt elsewhere.

Yeah, he was a dumb*ss.

But regardless, Blyke shifted his stance and charged up his energy pulse. He was praying that since the people behind him were braced against the wall, they wouldn't be injured in the process.

Just as Remi's bolt neared, Blyke let the energy building in his veins go off like a firework.

The bolt had begun to graze him, sending a white hot pain flaring up his arm and down his spine, condensing along the area where his neck and shoulder met at the muscle.

And f*ck did it hurt.

He can't remember how many times he's faced off against Remi, but he knew that any other bolt from her would never hurt to this degree.

Blyke silently considered the man lucky that he was so fast. Otherwise, he'd be the one burning to a horrible crisp by now.

A cry of pain ran through clenched teeth as he felt the smallest crawl of electricity race up his spine and he briefly panicked, terrified that the pulse hadn't been enough to deter the bolt from frying him whole.

But by some brief miracle, the main density of the bolt instead zipped up and away, finding its target in a lamp hanging from the ceiling.

It cut through the bulb like a knife but instead of the lamp cracking and letting sparks rain down, the bolt shattered through it and blasted a damn hole through the ceiling.

The sudden surge of electricity ran through the wiring and in a lucid symphony of shattering glass and flying sparks, every last lamp in the room blew to bits and every circuit panel crashed wide open, completely fried.

Everyone scattered away as concrete and metal rained down, almost hitting people in the process.

Arlo rushed out of the path of a falling beam that ripped through the upper sleeve of his shirt, diving and hitting the floor with a harsh thud.