Chapter 20

Life was always hard for Camila, she thought often about why she deserved such a cruel reality when inside she was nothing but genuine and kind? After a while she decided that maybe the world really didn't give a shit, people would take advantage of her and pretend like they knew her soul.. then they'd rip it out and grab her limbs dragging her around as if a product of their mass filled ego..

Lena had always supported her, although not family she was there in those moments of pain.. her parents were always around but they gave her away.. made her live with other families for reasons they'd never made clear? She didn't go to school much, she couldn't handle it.. with the help of her social worker she graduated alone, fixated into her work pretending someone was there.. helping her, caring about her homework and taking interest in her achievements.. in reality she was entirely on her own..

"So you gave her your trust? When you had sex?"

Lena asked forcing the young girl to look down at her sneakers playing with the lace between her finger and thumb.. she found it hard to talk.. she didn't know how to word her emotions before the dreaded anger she had been subject too forced its way into her fragile sensitive mind

"It was just sex, I didn't give her anything of me! I told you that already.."

"No, you told me you didn't talk about trust.. for you to engage in sexual activity willingly there must have been at least a little bit of comfort with Lauren?"

The notion of trusting someone scared Camila, even though last night with Lauren was exciting news she didn't once feel like she trusted her.. she was comfortable and wanting but in no way relaxed enough to say she had her.. it was a tragic realisation in reflection? With every smirking smile hid a pained anxious insecurity driven into her brain like a car into a spot..

"I have rehearsals soon Lena.."

"You will sit here with me until you tell me the truth my child! You know how this works!"

"Bullshit!"

"Attitude!"

Lena snarled slapping her metal pen down into the joining table more than used to the girls problematic behaviour.. she was difficult and short tempered yes.. swore and threw her hands while engaging in activity demanding to diffuse.. Lena never gave up on it however.. she never once let the girl down by saying she couldn't do it.. 23 years later and she was still managing the aftermath of the years worth of trauma her own eyes had witnessed reluctantly

"Now you're going to tell me honestly if this little 'session' last night was carried out against your will, or if it was you giving trust to someone you see everyday.. it is important Camila! I need you to concentrate!"

Camila huffed.. rolled her eyes and grunted like a teenager as she slumped down into her chair to grab for the half drank milkshake between her fingertips, her lips wrapping around the straw taking a hearty sip before locking eyes with the only human to ever stick by her side

"It was consensual and willing Lena! I fucked her! Made her cum on my bed and I loved it! Happy? Is that what you wanna fucking hear right now?"

"Roll back your tongue with me niña! You never have and never will get away with talking to me like that! Do you understand?"

"Whatever!"

Camila snapped

"Karla!"

The woman growled sternly forcing the younger to place her drink back up onto the table, her body sitting up while her elbows lent down against the wood, a single palm running through her hair as if soothing herself enough to calm her temper.. Lena was the only one able to diffuse Camila.. she understood her and had spent years gaining her trust..