LIX. SUMMER OF '77

SUMMER OF '77!

JULY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

June came to and end, and July did just as quickly, and before they knew it, Summer had begun.

Holland spent most of it a James' house, hanging out with her friends, having sleepovers, celebrating Bronwyn's birthday and going on many dates with Remus.

***

Holland's head rested on Remus' lap, her legs draped over Bronwyn's, as the group sat in a circle in a large, random field, asking each other weird and random questions.

"Here's one," James started, sitting up from his previous position on Sirius' lap, "If I showed up at your doorstep, bleeding profusely, what would you do?"

"Get my first aid kit." Margaret answered.

"Tell you not to bleed on my floor." Holland grinned sweetly.

"Wonder where you learnt the word 'profusely'." Remus nickered, playing with his girlfriend's hair, making everyone laugh.

Holland smiled up at Remus, leaning up to give him a sweet kiss, which he immediately reciprocated.

James watched the couple with a fond grin, before anxiously licking his lips and turning to the redhead across from him.

"Hey, Evans?" He started, swallowing nervously and pushing his glasses further up his face, "Would you, um, I mean, I was thinking. Oh bloody hell, Lily, will you go out with me?"

"Yeah." Lily nodded with a grin.

"I know but-" James froze, "Wait what?"

"Yes, I will go out with you." The girl grinned.

"Great." James nodded, blushing furiously.

The rest of the group all smiled and cheered, as Holland turned to Sirius.

"You owe me three galleons."

***

"The thought of starting seventh year next week is daunting." Holland said, as she and Remus stood quite a few feet away from their friends, who were all scattered around the pebbled beach, the sun setting over them.

"I know," Remus sighed, "But try to focus on the rest of this week, not Hogwarts."

"You're right," The Irish girl nodded, snuggling closer into her boyfriend, both chuckling, as they watched James dunk Sirius into the sea, "It's hard to believe that he's Head Boy."

"I know," Remus chuckled, "Do you think that maybe Dumbledore did that because Lily's the obvious candidate for Head Girl and it was a prompt for them to get together."

"Probably," Holland nodded with a laugh, "None of us are complaining though."

"They belong together." Remus nodded, as they walked over to where the rest of the group now all sat together around a campfire and the sun had now fully set.

They sat in a comfortable silence, the couples all cuddled up together and Peter stuffing his face with chocolate.

"Can you guys promise me something?" Margaret spoke up, looking from the warm campfire to her friends, "Can you promise me that we'll be like this forever?"

The group looked around at each other, nodding with soft smiles, making a promise.

And if only that was a promise that they could keep.

And if only fate didn't have other plans.

a/n: thank you all so much for 100k views! to celebrate, i have made a meet my oc book and an instagram account for this account - @_luxpins - go check it out! i love you all! x