Spy ~ Ch45

¤ Yuuji's Point Of View ¤

"You're an idiot." I said outloud, aiming my insult towards the infamous king of curses living inside my body. I tried to keep my voice down so that my sensei or (Y/n) couldn't hear me. I was crouching about 10 metres away from the pair that sat on the bench together, huddled behind a giant oak tree and trying to be as stealthy as possible.

Don't fucking call me an idiot, idiot.

Rolling my eyes at his 'insult', I tried to continue to eavesdrop on the pairs conversation only to realise that they were sat in a comfortable silence while watching the kids play. Eavesdropping was never my thing. It was the wrong thing to do. But somebody couldn't shut up about following (Y/n). At the beginning I didn't really know what it was that Sukuna done to make (Y/n) so upset. But as I listened to her and Gojo-Sensei's conversation, everything became clear.

"But you are clearly an idiot. I hope you realise that. You burned her bracelet!" I accused, pointing out Sukuna's mistakes. I knew the spirit would be too proud to admit when he was in the wrong. Even when he 'apologised' to (Y/n), he made it sound like the opposite of an apology. His exact words to me were, 'Tell her I'm sorry but it had to be done.' He couldn't have just simply said 'Sorry' like normal people. That's why I decided to shorten his 'apology' when I told (Y/n) that he apologised. Judging by the look on her face, if I told her his actual words then she would have gotten more mad.

Sukuna scoffed at my accusation, not wanting to admit that he shouldn't have done what he did. The man has a God complex. And Gods were always right.
"You burned a bracelet that literally protects her. You're so stupid." I continued. I knew that I might be pissing him off but it was the only way that he might realise he was wrong. If I wasn't here to poke and prod him then he'd probably still think his actions were right.

Shut the fuck up.

Sighing at the man's stubborness, I decided to lay off the name calling and address a different matter that I was slightly curious about. I knew that he'd either probabaly lie or not answer at all but it was worth a shot.
"How did you even burn it?" I asked, hinting towards the fact that I didn't give him control of my body this morning yet he gained control anyway. The cursed spirit didn't answer. Typical. I expected that.

"Can you control my body while I sleep?" I guessed. I do remember that time I gave him control of my body just before I slept because I was so tired and he had control of my body for the whole night. But the thing was, I don't remember giving him permission this morning. And even if I did, I'd find it hard to believe that I'd break the promise I made to myself to let Sukuna control me spontaneously during the day or battles. The last time that happened, I died.

No.

His answer was delayed, letting me realise that it wasn't the truth which made me sigh.
"Then what is it? (Y/n) said to Gojo-Sensei that I let you say Goodnight to her. But 1, I don't remember that. And 2, that dosen't sound like a reason that I'd let you out." I was just thinking out loud at this point, leaning against the tree with two fingers holding up my chin in thought. Why would (Y/n) lie to Gojo-Sensei? I didn't think she was the type of person to lie.

Sukuna stayed silent even after all my blabbering, not even telling me to shut up. The spirit was probably also in deep thought, too busy thinking to listen to my rambles. I sighed, dropping the subject. I knew from the start that I wouldn't get much of an answer out of him. I just had to accept that and move on. I trust (Y/n) and I think that if there is a way Sukuna can take control of my body while I sleep, that she wouldn't let him kill me or anyone else.