002 - Day Ones.

(002 - Day Ones)

This Chapter, just like Chapter 1 - though not as short, will also be shorter than my regular word count. But from Chapter 3, I'm going to be taking my sweet time to write every single thing. This book is not going to be rushed at all, so sit tight and relax. You are going to be meeting Hilary's day ones in this chapter.

Random Question: According to the Aesthetics and Character Introduction video, who do you think they are?

We diving in 3... 2... 1.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

The number you have dialed is switched off, please...

I let out a low hiss, cutting the operator off from talking by tapping on the end call icon, making up my mind not to call his number again till I finally get to see him in school tomorrow.

After brawling my eyes out on the floor of my brother's room till there were no more tears or strength left in me, I stood up and left his room, taking his hoodie with me. It was all I had left of him, so I had to.

I came back to my room, settling down on my bed. It was after I checked the time that I realized I had cried for two hours straight. It wasn't really surprising though, I have cried longer. But this time, the aftermath felt different. I felt different. No, it wasn't better.

I felt some sort of emptiness... guilt.

That was why I picked up my phone and tried to call him. I really needed to speak to someone about how I was feeling. But just like every other day since the accident, his number has not been reachable. I was staying off social media, for the time being, so WhatsApp or Instagram wasn't an option. Neither was calling his best friend.

Not like I had that one's number, anyway.

It was extremely strange that his number wasn't going through and it made me so curious, more worried than curious by the way.

What's up with you, Jidenna?

My phone began to ring suddenly and I quickly reached for it, hoping it was Jidenna. Staring at the caller ID, I sighed and with a shake of my head, I picked the call.

"We are skyping you right now, bitch!" That was all she screamed before hanging up on me. I took the phone away from my ear and stared at it like it was an alien. She didn't even allow me to talk.

She was Dawn Damipe Dayo. My best friend.

On cue, my laptop began to make a sound and I reached over to pick it from my bedside table. Propping my pillow against the headboard of my king-sized bed, I relaxed and opened the laptop, tapping on the Skype icon. After a few seconds of loading, Dawn's face appeared on the screen, her lips stretched in her signature grin. Her smile was so contagious, I just had to smile right back.