Kuroo Tetsurou - Down the Drain Pt 1

Au: Breakup (?)

Au: Breakup (?)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, mentions of abortion, Infidelity, angst, it's not that bad though, pretty ooc Kuroo I think but eh

Word Count: 1.7k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You're not sure how it came about. The timeline of events that led you to this moment. Your brain is fuzzy and your stomach churns as you wait silently in the small cafe. The hot cup in the palm of your hands has gone cold, but remains untouched as the delicate art of top remains intact.

Your neck gets chills as a gust of air blows in through the entrance, making way for a woman who looks as dishevelled as you feel. Her hair is tied up in a mess, eyes and nose red as she breathes heavily through her mouth. Her eyes scan the cafe before landing on you.

Her shoulders scrunch up, and you feel yours do the same unconsciously. Visibly gulping, she runs over, sitting in the chair in front of you and grabbing our hands tightly. She lowers her forehead to your knuckles sobbing quietly as she gasps out broken apologies and promises of unknowing circumstances.

No one but you can hear her over the busy sound of the cafe. Dryness takes over your throat as you try to respond, holding her cold fingers in your own.

"I had no idea," she chokes. "I'm so sorry. So sorry. I left that note as soon as I realized."

You remember it. The small piece of paper taped to the inside of your shoe that you hadn't put away with a messily written message and a phone number.

There were doubts in your marriage. You knew. The sinking feeling every time he couldn't give you a straight answer. The misplaced items that you were certain to have left in one location only for them to be in another. The strands of hair in the shower that were too long to be his and were the wrong colour, length, and texture to be yours. The jewelry boxes you had found randomly while cleaning, only for them to disappear the next day without a trace.

When the woman looks up she chokes, dropping your hands to instead hold your cheeks and wipe away the tears under your eyes. You didn't even notice they were there.

After a moment, she shifts her chair to be next to yours, letting your head fall on her shoulder. "He doesn't deserve you." She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. "When he was in the shower, I went snooping. I found his ring and the wedding photo's tucked in the bedside drawer. He told me you two were high school buddies, best friends for life. I was a fool."

You blink away the tears as you sigh. Only then do you remember her name. Akira rests her cheek against your head as you begin to speak, quiet and meek, tired from all the tears you've cried over the past week. "In his vows, he said we would be best forever, that I was his greatest treasure greater than gold, and that he'd never give up on me. I feel like I've done something wrong. They were all lies."