PANIC AT THE DISCO: An Amazon Prime PANIC Bonus Chapter

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

############

Protip for the Previously-Alive #1: flashbacks are the worst.

I walked off the plane at Dallas Fort Worth into a wall of heat.

That was my introduction to Texas, back in 2010, and that oppressive heat should have been a warning of what was to come, but that's hindsight for you. You might be wondering what I was doing in Texas, so far from Toronto, so I'll give it to you straight: we're doing a flashback!

So...

I was heading to the small town of Carp, somewhere in the middle of Texas. I'd mention population, but I didn't know, and frankly I didn't give a damn. The only reason I was there was because Claude, my best friend of the past eight years, had invited me to stay with him and his dad for the summer. Claude had been unceremoniously pulled out of our high school in Toronto for the final year due to some arrangement between his parents. You know how it is with divorced parents; always messy, always some type of angst. As a result, Claude and I had only talked over Google chat and Facebook for the past ten months.

Even so, our reunion at the airport had been a disappointing one for his dad, who had apparently expected some type of drama since we had been apart for so long. It had gone a little something like:

"So, I was thinking about this game," I grumped at Claude as I walked out of the tarmac doors, "and I think I hate it."

"Oh come on, dude," Claude smirked and took my duffel bag from me, leaving me only with my backpack. "It will be dead easy. These guys won't even know what hit them."

Claude's dad watched us in disbelief. David Munroe, tall, dark, handsome, and (I only just found this out) a multi-millionaire. Claude was the younger clone of his father. Hell, he even dressed like him in a tailored suit with a crisp white shirt that for some reason did not look out of place on eighteen-year-old Claude.

"Oh, hi Mister Munroe," I greeted him with a slight wave. We'd met a couple of times and had decided that we liked each other. That was before I found out he was a millionaire. Claude and his mom had lived the simple middle class life back in Toronto, since she was a believer in lessons learned through not having every wish fulfilled. Something about work ethic: you know how parents can be.

"Don't you guys even say hello?" Mr. Munroe said. Before you ask, yes I refer to him as Mr. Munroe, never Dave, or David. It was one of the things about being the child of Barbadian and Mexican parents: adults were addressed formally, and you always took your shoes off when entering someone's house; what were you, raised in a barn?

Claude and I glanced at each other and grinned. "What's the point of that?" I asked. "We don't even say goodbye."

"So, what do you boys have planned?"

"Oh, the usual," Claude quipped, "plotting and scheming."

"And maybe a little scheming and plotting to mix things up," I agreed. "General shenanigans."