Bump in the Road

(H/L) = Hair length
(L/N) = Lizard name
————————————————————

"Hey Australia, get yourself a person who isn't afraid to stick her hand inside a box of crickets. That seems like your type."

"Oh, shut up." Australia scoffed.

"You know I'm right."

"DON'T MAKE ME BRING OUT PETER AGAIN"
———

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these, people like you should be enjoying this seemingly perfect whether.

But you weren't.

You were sleeping.

10:46 am.
(Y/N) didn't mean to oversleep, but every time she told herself to get up, she immediately fell asleep again. It had been a while since she could sleep in a comfortable bed, and she wanted to relish in it. Not having an alarm clock didn't help, either.

Besides, it was the first time in a long time since she didn't have to worry about getting up early to go to school or clean around the house.

Finally, she decided to get up and stretched her arms. She yawned, thinking about how right now she would've been scrolling through social media... or reading a fanfiction, perhaps.

Meanwhile...

"Hey bro, should we wake her up?" Australia questioned as he looked down the hallway where (Y/N)'s room was. "It's almost 11:00 am."

New Zealand put down his sketchbook. "Let her rest. I don't know what she's been through, but I can imagine how draining it must be. Plus, didn't you say you found her in the middle of the desert?"

"...yeah you're right." Australia sighed. "I was hoping to get to show her around, though. We'd be all over the place by now!"

New Zealand couldn't help but smile at his brother's eagerness."We have all day to go to wherever you want to take her. It can wait."

Australia looked at his brother. "Okay, but..." He gestured to the kitchen, "Her breakfast is getting cold."

"We have a microwave."

"It won't taste the same!!"

The Aussie noticed that his brother was doodling in his sketchbook. "What'cha sketching bro?"

New Zealand picked up his sketchbook again and patted the seat next to him, gesturing for his brother to sit. Australia did so and glanced at the sketchbook. He looked at the monochromatic flowers New Zealand sketched. The lineart was a bit messy but he thought that made it look more interesting. "Nice sketch!"

"Thanks. I saw these flowers the other day so I decided to take picture of them to draw 'em!" New Zealand smiled, appreciating the compliment. He always loved how his brother fawned over his latest drawing. Sure, it wasn't as interesting as alligator wrangling, but he loved it. And so did his brother.

He didn't notice that Australia had flipped the page to look at his other works. Australia had found a page with a few sketches of a certain (H/L) hair human. The Aussie smirked and decided to poke fun at his brother. New Zealand snapped out of his thoughts when Australia spoke up.