3

George's POV

George sat up in bed suddenly at the knocking at his door. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and strode over to his door. He peeked out, seeing a servant.

"Prince George. This is your reminder that the first event starts in exactly one hour," the servant said before quickly curtsying and leaving.

George dragged a hand down his face and muttered, "Fan-fucking-tastic."

He dressed quickly in simple, but princely, attire. He had no idea what to expect for the first event, it could be anything. George quickly brushed his hair, rushing so he could get a good breakfast.

He mentally sorted through the map in his head of all the halls and rooms that he'd created yesterday. George could feel a headache forming as he closed the door to his room, stopping abruptly when he saw his mother.

"Good morning, George! Are you ready for today?" she asked with an excited smile as they started the walk to the dining hall, their arms linked.

"I've never been more ready," George replied, trying not to sound sarcastic.

His mother frowned. "George, we went over this. You are a talented young man and I know you can do great things. Don't let your fear of marriage stop this alliance that would benefit us in so many ways."

"I'm not afraid of marriage, Mother, I just don't want to marry some random prince."

"Some random prince? George, you're talking about Prince Clay. The prince. This is the wealthiest kingdom in all of the lands. A marriage with Prince Clay would boost the welfare of our home... Not to mention, he isn't so bad on the eyes, is he?" his mother added with a nudge in George's side.

"Mother!" George protested.

I'm not into guys, he almost said.

His mother just giggled softly. "Oh, George, please try," she said, becoming serious, "I know you have the potential to win. You partake in so many activities at home, all of which could possibly come to your advantage."

George didn't reply. He did participate in many things back at his home, but he wasn't going to use those skills in the tournament. He wasn't going to win... he'd make sure of it.

~

George held his breath in anticipation as a man walked up to the raised podium.

"Hello princes and princesses! Welcome to the first event!" the man exclaimed. "I'm Wilbur, the eldest prince and the Royal Advisor of the Southern Mainland Populace. I will be announcing and directing the events every week. Let's go through the rules...

"There is to be no cheating whatsoever. If you are caught being assisted by outside help or through other methods, you will be disqualified. You may not sabotage another competitor's chances at winning. If you don't win, please be a good sport and take it nicely.

"As you all know, there is no set amount of challenges. They will keep going until we are down to the last prince or princess. In each event you will either gain or lose points. Once you lose too many points, you lose, but you are able to stay and watch the rest of the tournament or you can return home.

"You have already been given the rest of the rules. Remember, if you are caught breaking one you will be disqualified... Alright, now let's get to today's event."

Wilbur's voice was commanding, yet kind. George felt compelled to listen, Wilbur had a way with words. George could barely tell that he was Prince Clay's brother. They acted and looked completely different.