Chapter 29

"Gu Mama! Where are you going?" Xu Ling Ai called out when she saw Gu Mama walking out of the manor.

She has been living in her room quietly for a few days. The memory of him saying those words repeating in her mind. Today she decided to help out so Li Zhao won't pick her again.

"I'm heading to the market to buy some kitchen supplies. Do you want anything Princess Consort?" Gu Mama respond.

"No. But I can help you." Xu Ling Ai run to her direction. She link her hand around Gu Mama's arm.

"Please ask His Highness first. These days it is very dangerous to go out." Gu Mama again with her nagging.

"Why?" Xu Ling Ai tilted her head. She really had no idea what is going on with the town.

"A several case of people being killed. But the scariest thing is their heart is being rip out." Gu Mama whispered to Xu Ling Ai.

The emperor had told the people to spread news about it anymore so Gu Mama is being cautious.

"Really? Like the vampire and werewolf stories?" Xu Ling Ai curiously question. She try to remember all the fan fiction she had read.

"Did the murderer had been catch?" She added.

"Not yet but His Highness Duke Chen and our His Highness Duke Su is investigating it." Hearing his name, make Xu Ling Ai's perk up.

"Princess Consort why are asking so much about this matter?"

"Just curious! Let's go to the market! Xu Ling Ai lied then dragged Gu Mama out.

Li Zhao's Study Room

Wu Xi who happen to see the scene rush to Li Zhao's room. He went straight into his room without waiting any permission.

"Your Highness. Princess Consort has follow Gu Mama to the market."

Li Zhao had told Wu Xi to keep any eyes on Xu Ling Ai. Not because of him suspecting her but more of worried because of the horrid case.

"Send a few shadow guards to watch her from afar." Li Zhao instructed. Wu Xu nodded.

"Did you provide Gu Mama enough money to buy things?" Li Zhao hesitantly asked.

Self aware that she tried to avoid him. He knew she had been staying in her room without coming out. Whenever he look at the fan, he will feel guilty.

"Yes. Probably excessive to use in one day."

Yesterday, when Gu Mama told him that she wants to go to the market. Wu Xi provide her with four bags of sliver. So he is pretty sure it will be enough to buy the kitchen needs.

"Anyway Your Highness have you heard about Empress Yi explode?" Wu Xi laugh remembering the story.

"Stop gossiping."

"If you don't want to know it is fine. Princess Consort was so brave anyway." Wu Xi pretend to close his eyes and thinking about Xu Ling Ai. Wu Xi knew they are fighting so he tried to get them back.

"Spill it." Li Zhao keep his eyes on the scrolls but demand for an answer.

"I thought you don't want to know..." Li Zhao's cold eyes flustered Wu Xi. He is giving a warning.

"The other day when Princess Consort went to the palace she cause a huge chaos. The servant talk about it because it was the first time Empress Yi really lost her temper. Her Majesty was screaming like a crazy lady because Princess Consort ignore her." Wu Xi excitedly storytelling.