Chapter 05

Anthony heard a little wail from the nursery and wondered if her guardian were there to bite his head off. The man waited for the poor wails to stop but it never did and that broke his heart.

He slowly walked towards the nursery and gently opened its baby blue door with an adorable door sign that has his little sister's name on it.

Little Isabella was standing in her crib as she held herself supportively. She was crying when she looked at him, her red puffy cheeks and her mouth formed into a frown. Isabella cried as she held up her hand to reach out to him even if he was too far to be reached.

Her cries kept shattering his defenseless heart and he decided to take long strides to reach her instead. She held her hands up high, wanting to be held.

"Oh, mi hermana." He whispers as he finally did as what Isabella wanted him to do. She clung to him as she cried sadly. It broke his heart. "It's okay, Bella. I'm here, shhh. I know, it's okay."

(My sister.)

He kept repeating those words as he rubbed her back gently. Anthony cradled her as he listens to her wailings to turn into sad whimpers.

"It's okay, sweetie. You're fine now. I'm here, I'm here." He crooned, kissing her temple. "You're okay. It's okay. Shhh."

"Were you lonely?" He asks as he lays her down onto a changing table filled with all the necessities needed for their little president.

Isabella whined, not wanting to stay in place. She tried to wiggle out, new forms of tears were appearing again but Anthony held her in place. "I know, I know, baby. I'm just gonna change your diaper, okay? It won't take long. Just a minute. I know it sucks, baby, it sucks for me too."

Isabella released a high pitched whine as her bottom lip trembled.

Anthony's heart was tired of breaking but it continued to break when he saw the utter defeat in her eyes. He almost wanted to stop what he was doing and just cradle her in his arms forever. However, she'll be uncomfortable and she could probably have diaper rash if he doesn't change her.

Isabella then cried as Anthony expertly change her diapers, he wiped her clean and placed a new one. As he did so, the little girl continued to squirm before letting out a lone pitiful cry again.

"It's almost over, darling. Just a second, okay? It'll be over soon." He cooed gently, hushing her.

Finally finished, he threw her used diaper away and carried her finally in his arms. He sighed contently. Isabella laid her head on his shoulder and tried to nibble it.

"I know you're hungry and we'll order someone to make you a bottle. Sounds good, yes?" He wiped her tears away as she sniffled sadly. Her eyes were watery and it broke his heart.

Anthony ordered a maid to bring him a bottle as he cradled Isabella in her arms.

"You were lonely, weren't you, Bella? I'm sorry that you had no one to greet you, mi chiquita. Everyone was just busy, okay? But, I promise that we never meant to scare you like this. I'm so sorry you were lonely, darling. I know it's scary."

(My little one.)

Isabella whimpered sadly, blinking the tears away. She still looked distressed as she kept nibbling on his shirt but at least she wasn't crying anymore.

"I don't have any milk in me, Bells." He laughed softly, trying to stop the little one from eating him. "Stop looking at me like that. I know you're a very demanding baby and that's okay because you need to be very demanding because you're a baby but you will have to wait for your milk."