Unsettled business

"GET BACK HERE NOW!" a deafening voice roared. His anger was so prominent it shook me to the bones.

I had run into the kitchen, hiding behind the broken counter. I guess that loud crack I heard earlier was him breaking the granite.

The repetitive sound of him punching holes in the wall was heard. One, two, three, four, five... footsteps. Angry and determined footsteps.

I closed my eyes tight, saying a quick prayer and then peeked behind the counter when the footsteps stopped. I gulped and made a run for it. I got maybe three steps into my run before I was yanked back into a chest.

"Say my name again, babydoll," he said, low and next to my ear.

I shook a bit. "B-b..." His body trembled with anticipation it seemed. "Bumble bee." I took the moment of his confusion to elbow him as hard as I could in the stomach. He didn't really seem affected, but his grip loosened none-the-less. I used the opportunity to run as fast as I could out of the house. I didn't know where to run.

I didn't need to know though, because he caught me. Again.

"Babydoll, stop running from me."

I refused to look at him.

"Look at me!"

I shook my head. He grabbed my chin and tried to make me look at him, but I closed my eyes tightly. He growled and held me tighter to him. "You know, that wasn't the name I was expecting."

Silence. "Who was that girl?"

He growled thinking about her. "No one you need to concern yourself with. Let's go." He stepped to the side and pushed me forwards a bit, but I used my heels like brakes.

"Tell me who she is."

I looked back at him to see his jaw clench tightly. "Her name is Hannah."

I waited a few moments before asking, "and?"

He glared at me, his eyes dark. "And she disrespected you, so I fixed the matter. Let's go."

He began gently but firmly pushing my back again.

"Fixed?! You nearly killed her!" Even my scolding voice was soft. Dang.

"She deserved it."

"No she didn't!"

"That's it. End of discussion."

He lifted me up bridal style and carried me back to the bedroom, throwing me on the bed. He ran a hand down his face before getting into bed as well. Not before locking the door and turning off the lamp, though. His arm reached out for me, but I scooted to the edge like he'd burnt me. He growled.

"Don't touch me."

His growl was louder this time. He reached out and roughly smashed me against his chest. "Don't you ever fucking say that to me again." I clenched my jaw. "Do you understand?!"

"I understand." He settled. "But that doesn't mean I'll oblige." His body went rigid again and he started growling and shaking. "Goodnight, bumble bee."

I fell asleep to his growling and vibrating body.

Sorry it's a filler. I kind of like the chapter to end if she falls asleep, though. But since it's so short I'll update another chapter in, like, thirty minutes or so.