S.e.v.e.n

Sahil, Sudhanshu and abir went out the meeting room.

Avantika clapped and approached her father.

"Wow dad!! Mr. Madhav Sharma... you have done what you wanted. What was Papa's fault (referring to sahil)....huh?? You don't even know how much hurt he might be right now??", avantika yelled.

Nikhil and manik looked at her, all shocked and stunned. Even manik had never seen his sister so angry before this. Nikhil also never expected this from her. He thought that she was going to rob him as shivam said but no she was with him, she was supporting his family against her own father.

"This I did for your and Nikhil's sake. Abir would have deprived you and nikhil from your rights. He would have never given any respect. You and nikhil would have been thrown out of this company"

"Come on dad....abir is not like this...he loves his brother more than anyone else. I am still saying that please give this post to abir"

"Money's greed changes everyone beta"

"Fine....I know you will never understand this because you don't have feelings for anyone and yes...how can I expect that you will do justice with abir when you did wrong with your own daughter"

Nikhil couldn't understand what she was talking about. What did he do to her that she don't even want to face him!!!

Avantika stormed out of the room while manik consoled his father. Nikhil left after avantika. He thought that she might need him right now.

She was sitting on a bench in the hall. She had put her hand on her face. Nikhil understood that she was crying.

He sat beside her. He wanted to wrap his arms around her but couldn't understand how he should. He felt really uncomfortable even when he thought of doing so.

Avantika sensed his presence and slowly removed her hand from her face and wiped her tears with her hands.

Nikhil brought his hand back which was half on the way to be put around her.

He took his handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to her. She accepted it and wiped her tears.

"Are you okay now??", he asked.

Avantika just nodded.

"Thank you avantika that you took stand for bhaiya"

"I had to because dad is completely wrong", she said between her sobs.

"Leave it...forget whatever happened inside. Nothing will change if you keep on thinking about it"

"Hmm"

"And and and...you have to help me all the time....abir bhai will be there with me but when he will not be around me then promise me that you will be there to guide me", nikhil said unwillingly but right now his priority was to make her feel better.

"I pomise"

"You know I am seeing this side of yours for the first time. You are bold and beautiful. I thought you are a soft hearted girl who couldn't take her stand....but today I saw that you can become Queen of Jhansi (Rani lakshmibai) when difficult times come", nikhil said to lighten up her mood.

Avantika sniggered. "I told you na....you don't know anything about me....but we will understand each other when we will spend time together".

"Yeah I guess", nikhil said being uncomfortable on the thought of spending time with her.

"By the way I never thought that you can be so caring", avantika teased.

"Caring?? Me?? I was just lightening up your mood", he said being a little shocked on being called as caring.

Avantika giggled. "Just kidding....I mean thanks for making me feel better. At least we are friends".

"Yes we are", he sniggered.

________________________

At the dinner table

Sahil saw that avantika was really sad after whatever happened in the meeting.

"I am sorry dad", avantika said.

"Monisha...just tell you beloved daughter-in-law that this wasn't her fault"

"Come on avi.. we know madhav bhaisaab is a little insecure about you and nikhil that's why he did it and you shouldn't feel bad for it".

"I know but.....", avantika said but abir cut her off in between.

"Nothing to worry about. In fact I am happy that this post is given to my brother and I am sure he will handle it perfectly", abir exclaimed.

Nikhil gave him a repressive smile.

"Yes beta....we all are with you and nikhil", Sudhanshu told.

"The work of this company will start next week. So, I am thinking that for this week let's go to Longoval (a village in punjab; sahil said Sudhanshu have grown up there; abir, nikhil, kinjal and samar have also visited there in their childhood) ", Sahil suggested.

"Bhaisaab...this idea is amazing", said kavya excitedly.

"Yes bade papa....siya bhabhi and avantika bhabhi....you know we always visited longoval in our summer holidays", samar exclaimed.

"Yes....and they are newly wedded so we will the vishnu-Lakshmi temple there and they will get blessings from God", monisha suggested.

"Yes ma....great idea", abir exclaimed.

Nikhil's face lightened up with happiness. He was really excited to visit his village after so long.

Avantika was a little nervous as she had never been to a village and she was a little scared too because there she would have to live without the facilities that are there in cities.

"We will leave tomorrow itself so everyone pack your bags tonight", sahil declared.

"Yes bade papa", said samar

"This was specifically for you samar because last time we went there, you were the one who became the reason for our late departure so better watch it this time", sahil warned

"Of course bade papa.....don't worry...I will pack my bag right away as I go into my room", said sameer excitedly.

"And then you will get up late tomorrow and then you will get ready late and then we all will be late", kinjal teased.

"I will get ready before than you because you will spend all the time in your makeup", sameer snapped.

"You both started it again...come on... complete your food fast and then go to your rooms", kavya scolded.