Chapter 31

Reasons why you both were holding hands? That was so like-"

"Jasper! Your room is ready. You go and have some rest. Until the morning comes, there would be lots of work to do. Go and have some sleep!" Charlotte was reacting awkwardly when she cut Alyx's sentence. I did feel a little embarrassed in front of everyone when they saw me and Elvina sharing a stare. No more about it.

The next morning when I woke up, everything was silent. No hums and chit-chatting. No paper brushing. Not even Jet barking. Lately, he has been playing around a new female dog and that is completely pathetic because he doesn't even play with me anymore.

Anyways, I succeeded in:

1) Making alliances with my sister.

2) Making plans for a death mission

3) Sharing a soul adventure

4) Using the crystal

Okay, so maybe you'd have recognized everything included in points except for point no.4. That's exactly what I was dying to tell Charlotte, but I thought it better to stay hushed.

Therefore I will share it with you, Grandma Zoe gave me an invisibility robe along with some materials which were completely turned into ashes after my landing in the blove world and probably the only reason I survived the flight, a crystal which I fixed into my pirate eye patch and I brought some of my tools from my collections at home.

I looked around and detected no one in the house. Alyx started going to libraries recently in the morning, Jingles and Kringles were also not present and Charlotte was gone to visit her sister, Jasmine.

At a gallop, I sprinted from the exit of the house and escaped into the cave near the waterfall. That was my working lab. I found that when I went out for a walk one morning, Jet was with me. So, if he comes home and doesn't find me, he'll come running there in the cave.

Coming back to the cave, it was big and hidden behind the large blue waterfall. It was at a height so I needed to climb in it. I got my wooden table and chair, (Alyx asked his (woodcutter) dicer friend, Brett, to make it for me). I re-opened the eye patch and looked into the crystal. I wanted to get a sneak peek at Elvina, but I was afraid if she finds out she'll get upset. So instead I tried to contact Lucas and Daniel. After all, we were about to have our basketball match. I missed them.

I arranged the machines and chips, batteries, circuits, wires, and the crystal in the patch again and I closed my eyes and evoked a red-haired girl, Emma. It was my first time using the patch because I wanted to keep it for safe moments.

After a while, I was able to see Emma. In a purple shirt and black capris. She was either sweating or she had a recent bath. The agony was what she was representing with her facial expressions. Her lips were pursed, eyes wide and alarmed for any attack. Her ears red and her jaw non-stop chewing the gum. Then, with the vision getting clearer, she was rushing in a weird huge dark place yelling for someone. I couldn't make it to her voice, but she was literally terrified and looked scared. Then after walking somewhere up, on stairs or cliff, she ended up in a gigantic corridor and started to amble in the direction of the wooden door. She opened the door and found a lady with brown messed hair locked and tied up with ropes. Her face was all wet and sweaty and she looked half fainted. Emma kneeled down and the lady in ropes told her something. Emma gave her water and pulled back her hair. If that was Emma's mom then I really do feel sorry for the girl. But according to my memory, Emma never had this kind of house. Her house was pink and white color and definitely did not have any Shanghai tower residency as a home.

I once was invited to her birthday party when I was 6 and her parents told all the kids that this pink and white combination of colors was old and that it was their family tradition to have either pink and white or blue and white house color. Said, they won't even change the architecture. Her staircase was not wooden nor did it have any two direction corridors. In fact, it was white and cemented with marble tiles.

When Emma pulled back the hair of the lady in ropes, I was what you call stunned. That lady was similar and an enemy. It was. Lady Nimue! Elvina said she was going in there? Is she safe? What happened? And what about Emma? Did Emma tie-up Elvina and is helping Lady Nimue? Or is this even Emma? And the very first thing was, why was Emma in the palace of Blove city? What was she doing with that evil lady? And was it really her? I cleared the lenses and looked again, but...

BIGGEST PROBLEM: The dumbest enemies become two-faced and two-personality holders. To say, hypocrites. And I do not know how to face her if she can be challenging enough for Elvina on the tracks!

I simultaneously packed my things. And ran for Alyx's house.

"Charlotte? Alyx?" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Charlotte came rushing from the kitchen. Wearing an apron around her waist and her hands all red from strawberries. "What?" She asked, puzzled. "What's wrong Jasper? Where are you coming from?" she asked after a moment when I was empty for any answers.

"Tell me about Emma. Now!" I shouted.

She washed her hands and looked at me as if making sure I was not out of my senses. She asked me to come to the lawn. We went there and she started to tell me all about Emma. Her strategy of hypnotizing anyone is a spellbinder. She told me how she used to be and used to defeat in the regal games as an opponent of Elvina. How she used to threaten her for every upcoming game and how she lost in the recent game.

"Oh, My God. That girl is getting on my nerves. Charlotte. She is really dangerous. If she can hypnotize people, and what I saw in the crystal about her helping lady Nimue, she could be one of our enemies while facing the lie. We have to be deadly serious about this whole stuff. Elvina doesn't know this, and God knows where she is." It tensed me up like an electric current.

"Jasper. I know everything. I know she is our enemy and that we have to be alert. We have to be very careful with our moves. Yes, I know this." she said. I was still staring at her face with blank eyes. She narrowed her eyes and then a smile appeared on her lips, she said, "Can you see Elvina in the eye patch? We can send her a morphyll warning. When enemies come to take revenge they can be really horrible. If Lady Nimue knows Elvina has found out the truth, she must be after her and you. We have to be prepared for everything. The magic conundrum, the revenge, the sister. Everything is on your to-do list before death and you can't leave without fulfilling it. Sick the death." She clenched her fists and punched them straight into the air.

"Are you scaring me? Or helping me?" I asked totally dumbfounded by her words.

"Helping you," she said. "Come on. Alyx has some information to share. We also received some morphyll from Jingles and Kringles." she pushed me off the green wet grass and took me inside in the piles of books and papers.

Seriously, you never know when you are able to fight or just lay down and stare at the sky while your heart and brain battling against your will. Indeed every star has its way to shine, but... what if the shine gets lost or is overwhelmed by others' shine? Or maybe there are no stars?

Fight obviously. To make things happen to you. Justice. You need to fight for it because the only way to make justice come to you is to call it. Call night, the darkness for stars to shine because the light won't let it.