1 - Not So Meet Cute

Harry leaned against the barrier in between platforms nine and ten, his trolley in front of him and his snake, Salazar, wrapped around his neck as part pet part scarf.

"What do I do now?" Harry asked Salazar in parseltongue.

"Wait for a wizard to approach and see what they do," hissed the snake.

So Harry waited, his back against the wall and his arms folded in front of his chest.

Harry was starting to get impatient when finally, after half a minute of waiting, three pale people with white-blond hair and icy blue eyes came strutting towards him, or the barrier, perhaps.

A fully grown man with hair as long as his wife's stood behind a young boy about the same height as Harry, whom Harry figured was obviously the pair's son.

"We'll leave you here, Draco," drawled the man, "and you'd better get into Slytherin or you won't be coming back home."

The man turned on his heel and left with his wife, who planted a kiss on Draco's cheek before walking away.

Draco turned to face Harry, who was blocking the barrier by leaning against it.

Harry watched as Draco's cold eyes roamed from his face to his snake, squinting at it with his lips shut before he opened them to speak to Harry.

"Get out of my way."

Salazar began to hiss at Draco, his stuck-out tongue rapidly vibrating while pointing at him, as if to protect his master as he remained wrapped around Harry's neck.

Harry stood in silence, eyeing Draco up and down without budging.

Draco's face scrunched up into a sneer, and he stepped forward, drawing closer to Harry until he had his chest pressed up against his.

Salazar slithered down Harry's body and wrapped around Draco's ankle as if threatening him, warning him that he could squeeze his foot off if he dared to harm his master.

"Are you deaf?" Draco growled at Harry, the tip of his nose less than an inch away from Harry's as he examined him closely.

"What's a Slytherin?" was Harry's response.

After hearing Draco's father mention it earlier, the word seemed to have stuck in Harry's head. He'd never heard it before, but he knew it was something he needed to know immediately.

Draco's eyes narrowed in on him. He hesitated for a moment, then said, "Now that I think about it, you're probably one."

Draco's face was still very uncomfortably close to Harry's, but neither of the two bothered to mention this.

"What makes you think so?" Harry asked.

Draco looked down at the snake wrapped around his ankle then looked back at Harry, his nose almost brushing Harry's as he did so.

"Well, for one, you're rude," Draco replied. "A Hufflepuff would've scrambled after being told to get out of the way, so you're definitely not one."

"What's a Hufflepuff?" Harry asked.

Draco squinted at Harry once more. "You don't know about any of the Houses. Are you a mudblood?"

"Why do you keep using terms I've never even heard of?" Harry said irritably, feeling stupid for the first time in his life. This boy was getting on his nerves. Salazar was spitting madly from below, still tightly wrapped around Draco's ankle.

"So you're a mudblood," Draco concluded.

"I don't know what the fuck that means, but it sounds like dirt, and I can assure you I don't have mud in my blood," Harry snapped. "Now are you gonna explain these terms to me or not?"

Draco's lips curled into a smirk. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against Harry's earlobe.

"Only if you find me on the train," he whispered.

He shoved Harry aside, pushed his trolley through the barrier, and in the blink of Harry's eye, Draco and Salazar were gone.