| 26 |

DRACO
went into panic mode. With his pale mother still covered with her own blood on the bed and the woman that meant the world to him lying limp in his arms. It was a miracle that he was able to suppress the panic attack threatening to come in full force. He tried to wake Ariendra up but she was out cold, no matter how hard she shook her or called her name. Her mother was stable so he decided to take care of Ariendra first.

  Theo and Blaise came over to help, and Blaise brought his mother along with him. Mrs. Zabini helped tend to his mother and then changed Ariendra out of her blood stained clothes. She left just a few minutes ago and now Blaise was watching over Draco's mother.

  Draco pulled his covers over her body, making sure to tug her in tight. Her body was no longer as cold as it was before, which gave him a sense of relief. She looked even more tinier than she already was, sleeping on the right side of his king size bed. Mrs. Zabini told him that the energy she used for the sealing charm was so great that it drained her body, causing her to faint. He wanted to bring her to the Hospital but what good would it bring, an ex death eater bringing a limp trainee healer to a hospital?

  He dipped a white napkin that was lying idle and dipped it in a glass of water. He gently wetted her lips with it, seeing that it was dry and he didn't want it to hurt her when she woke up. He sat there right next to her for what seemed to be hours. Holding her hand tight, making sure he feels the pulse on her wrist.

  His brain was a thunderstorm of chaos. His mother tried to kill herself. Ariendra saved her, almost costing her own life.

  He just prayed that everything would be okay and women in his life would stay safe.

------

  Catherine woke up alone on a stranger's bed. No it wasn't a stranger. It was Draco Malfoy's.

  Her body jolted up right in panic, she remembered everything. The terrible gash in Narcissa's arm, the blood, the spell, falling to the ground. She looked out the window and it was dark. The grandfather's clock showed that it was 2 a.m. She got out of bed against her will. The blanket and the silk white sheets were too soft and way too comfortable. She could stay here forever, sleeping soundly in a cushion of clouds.

  She looked at her surroundings. Draco Malfoy was a very tidy man and his room was as big as her own living room. The emerald curtains were massive. The books were neatly placed on his bookshelves, mostly educational books about alchemy and potions. Catherine also noticed the stash of alcohol in the back corner paired with expensive wine glasses.

  The first thing that came to mind was she needed to check on Mrs. Malfoy. She cursed herself for not being strong enough to follow through on her patient and being one instead. She slowly creeped out of the room and realised she didn't know which way to go. The house was just too massive to navigate through. She walked through door after door all empty and it was then she realised she was on the top floor.

  Descending down a spiral staircase, the melody of a soft piano tune caught her ears. She followed the sound as she went down and it got louder on a specific floor. She followed again until she found the source. She wanted to knock, but she didn't want to stop whoever was playing the beautiful masterpiece. So Catherine decided to open the door as quietly as she could.

  Malfoy was playing the grand piano, with the windows to the balcony wide open, sending wisps of wind blowing on his hair. There was a glass of what she assumed was whiskey on top on the piano. His fingers long as it glided across the keys like a professional. The song he was playing had a somber ambience that made her heart hurt. He just his mother tried to take her own life, he was not okay. Catherine had to hold back the urge to run over and smother him in a hug.