28

TW: ~ mentions of drug abuse
~ toxic parents
~ violence

by the time yoongi and jimin had arrived at jeongguk's house, the sun was already set and the bright moon shone in the night sky. little yoongi was amazed by it. throughout the car ride, he had been rambling continuously about how he wanted to go to the moon and make friends with all the aliens. he claimed that he would give them cookies and they would be the best of friends. 

jeongguk and jimin couldn't help but smile, the boy was just too adorable and they couldn't believe what the poor thing had gone through. it just wasn't fair.

jeongguk unbuckled yoongi's seatbelt and pulled him out of the car before placing him in jimin's awaiting arms.

jimin rubbed his nose against yoongi's as he walked into jeongguk's house with the latter following closely behind.

jeongguk's house wasn't as large as seokjin's, a mere three bedroomed home, but the rooms were each large and well-decorated. yoongi let out a small gasp as he ran around excitedly.

"woah! gukkie, your house is so pretty!"
"thank you, darling! come on, let me take you to my room. would you like minnie and gukkie to stay with you?" jeongguk responded as he lightly held onto yoongi's hand. yoongi nodded eagerly as he let himself be guided to jeongguk's bedroom.

his bedroom was rather basic aside from the large gaming pc in the corner of the room, two monitors to its side. led lights outlined the edges of the ceiling, shining a vibrant pink that yoongi was utterly in love with and shelves filled with collectable toys and figurines. little yoongi was in paradise. 

jimin chuckled upon noticing the way yoongi's jaw was agape at the sight of the room, closing it with a smile. "do you like it, baby boy? gukkie's room is pretty cool isn't it?" jimin cooed as yoongi nodded. he watched the little one make his way over to one of the shelves of figurines, his eyes wide and curious as he picked one up.

"it looks like kumamon... uh oh..." yoongi's heart dropped as the terrible reality hit him. "g-gukkie! i left kumamon at home with eomma! e-eomma no like kumamon, she's gonna... she's gonna h-hurt him, gukkie! g-gukkie, minnie, we have to save him! we have to! please! i-i don't wanna sleep without kuma! he's yoonie's bestest friend i-in the entire world ever! i-i need him! i need him!" 

yoongi's sudden cries instantly made both caregivers' stomachs drop as they hurried over to the sobbing boy. "hey, shh... it's okay. it's okay... we'll get your kumamon, darling, but for now we need you to stop crying, okay? come on, little one, you're okay, i promise," jimin whispered, his voice soft like honey in yoongi's ears. jeongguk held onto the other gently, rocking him slowly as he hummed soothingly. yoongi didn't want to let go of them, he felt so safe in his arms. how could they be so perfect?

before long, yoongi's screeching wails reduced into gentle sniffles with small tears occasionally rolling down his reddened cheeks. by now, jeongguk had taken yoongi and laid him on his bed as he was held by him and jimin with the two of them whispering sweet and soothing words into his ears. "yoonie, you're such a strong baby, y'know? you're so brave, so strong, so admirable. like a little soldier... you did so well in calming down there, little one," jeongguk praised, fingers running through the blonde hair softly. the corners of yoongi's pouty lips curled up into a small smile as he buried his face into jimin's chest. 

"darling, could you tell me where you live? i want to go and get kuma for you, little one," jimin spoke up again. yoongi sniffled and shook his head. "nuh-uh... y-yoonie wants to come too. please?  pretty please?" the little one begged quietly, sparkling eyes looking up at jimin. jimin just couldn't say no to him, but he didn't want him to go home knowing that it wasn't a safe space for him. but then again, there was a slight chance that his mother wouldn't even acknowledge them or would even be out of the building. jimin was slightly conflicted, but with the ridiculously adorable puppy dog eyes yoongi was giving him, he didn't have the heart to say no.