twenty-five - him

strange, isn't it?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|one. day. left.

"Honda-san, your cooking today is as delicious as it always has been!" Immediately after slurping the last ounce of home-cooked ramen Tohru had prepared for the day's dinner, Yuki stood up. Bowl in one hand, wooden chopsticks in the other, he paced to the sink and doused his cutlery in water.

"Honda-san, could you help me wash my cutlery?"

"EHHHH? YUKI-SAN, DAIJOUBU KA?" She didn't mind washing his cutlery, but the humble man had never once in their entire stay together asked her to do something as trivial as that for him.

But Yuki was already rushing up the stairs, feet actually pounding against the poor floorboards for once as he disappeared up the second floor.

"I-Is Yuki okay?" Tohru glanced nervously at Kyo. To her surprise, he looked dejected - his eyes did not have the usual fire he would've shown, especially if something involving the rat was happening.

"HUH? WHAT'S GOING ON?" She yelped, eyes white from shock at the both of them and their odd behaviour.

"HAHAHAH! Daijoubu, Tohru-kun!" Shigure, who had witnessed the same thing as Tohru, winked as he told her. "They are going through puberty. Don't mind them immature young children, for you're already a matured woman."

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?"
-
All he could hear was his own panting. And maybe the flow of the wind - which was slapping his face rather rudely, may he add - to the point it sent his bangs and other bits of hair flying in all kinds of odd angles.

The night was cold, his thin jacket of sorts serving little to no purpose as it flapped along with his hair in his sprint to that place. He felt like he should be tired, maybe even exhausted from all that running, but he didn't. For the first time in his life, running did not feel like an utter chore.

'I want to see her.'

'I really,

really,

do.'

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

how love brings pain the easiest.

words: 318
published: 25/05/2021