𝟎𝟏𝟏 | 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬

"Mistress Narcissa is home!"

The elf vanished around a corner, but its announcement didn't even faze Draco Malfoy. He continued in the same direction that the house elf had gone, showing no signs of excitement nor disappointment.

Evanna followed him, trying to stay vlose so that he wouldn't become angry with her again. She knew that there was no use in trying to escape, so she would just have to keep close to him.

They entered the large parlor where several other death eaters were gathered around the open doors, and the scene of some of the world's most notorious murderers in a room together made Evanna's blood ice over.

Gloomy daylight poured in, making her realize how dimly lit the basement must've been due to the fact that her eyes were having a hard time adjusting.

Roman. He was standing directly beside Theo as the line of death eaters awaiting to greet Mrs. Malfoy. Maybe if she could get to him then he could help her get out of here, but for now she needed to lay low and try and stay out of trouble— as if being thrown in a cell wasn't troublesome enough. Evanna stepped back, leaning against a marble pillar so that not many people would notice her.

—And then she entered. Evanna was stunned by the older woman's remarkable beauty and stunning looks. Draco Malfoy must've been gifted with the charming genetics that came from his mother's side because this woman was gorgeous. Her monochrome blonde and brown hair was streaked with ashy strands, all tucked into a loose bun behind her head and resting just above her neck. Her lips were painted a deep red to contrast against her powdery skin.

Draco stepped ahead of everyone to greet her, leaning down as she placed a small kiss against his cheek and hugged him. Narcissa Malfoy was almost the definition of perfection. Evanna was certain that if they weren't in the middle of a war she would be well known amongst society and seen as a role model for all women who would strive to copy her elegant looks and style.

Narcissa dropped the small trunk that she had been holding and three men immediately dropped to the ground, eager to be the first to gather her things and assist her in delivering them to their proper destination.

She whispered something to her son who immediately looked up and over her shoulder, staring through the large double doors that remained open.

Mrs. Malfoy stepped to the side, moving to speak with a man who Evanna recognized as one of the men she'd seen when she arrived with Roman in the forest.

All eyes turned back to the doorway as another woman stepped through, looking almost as poised as Narcissa herself. She had dark hair and pale skin as well, wearing a black gown adorned with small pearls and lace.

Behind her was a girl— who must've been her daughter. Evanna knew this one... from Hogwarts... one of the girls who'd been the cruelest in the entire Slytherin house.

Astoria Greengrass.

Her brown hair laid over her shoulders in beautiful curls, standing out against the pretty fabric of the short, black dress she was wearing. Her eyes lit up when she saw Draco, and she wasted no time in rushing over to him.

Evanna watched the entire interaction from across the room, her arms folded over her chest as she surveyed everything that was taking place.

She was all over Draco, placing her hands against his shoulders and smiling up at him. The girl's back was turned to the room, allowing Evanna to see the look on Draco's face. He didn't seem to show the same affection in return— but that quickly changed.

He looked up and his eyes locked with Evanna's, causing a heated blush to rise to her cheeks upon being caught staring. Draco's hands came to Astoria's waist as she stood in front of him.