19

Hermione Granger

The moment I walked into the great hall Ronald came rushing to me. "Where were you last night?!" He shouted. Immediately the whole great hall looked at us. Harry quickly ran towards us. I folded my arms. "It's none of your business where I was. Why do you care?" I said. Ron snorted. "Why do I care? You're my girlfriend! That's why!" Ron yelled. I sighed. "Come on Ron, do you really still see me as your girlfriend?" I asked. Ron stared at me. "I just want to know where you were." He then said in a calmer tone. I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I was with Pansy, but-" "Oh of course you were! You fucked her didn't you?!" Ron yelled again. Harry stood behind him, staring at us like everyone else. "I didn't fuck Pansy, Ron! I was just- " I cut myself off before I finished the sentence.

"You were just?" Ron asked. I shook my head and stared at the floor. Ron sighed. "So are you going to date her?" He then asked. I looked up to him again. "I don't know Ronald, but I do think we need to break up." I said as calm as I possible could. Ron stepped back and stared at me. "Please don't, we can work through this." He said. "I don't think we can..." I mumbled. "I really do want to stay friends." I added. I noticed Ron's expression change. It was now his angry face. The face he made when he was about to lose control because of his anger. Suddenly he swung his fist at me. I quickly jumped backwards. His hit missed me. I stared at him in horror as he realized what he just did. He inhaled shakily and then ran away. He passed Draco and Pansy on the way out.

Pansy immediately walked towards me. "Are you okay?" She asked. She grabbed my arm. The moment she touched me the world became colorful again. Pansy flinched, but then looked furiously at the place where Ron and just ran around the corner. Her hand slipped down and she intertwined our fingers just like we did the night before. "Yeah. I guess I just lost my best friend." I said softly, trying not to break down. "It's my fault, isn't it.." Pansy asked. "No! No it's not. He was mad because I stayed with you last night. Which was my decision." I assured her. Pansy sighed and noticed everyone in the hall looking at us. "What are all of you looking at." She snapped. Immediately people looked away and started talking again. "I'm going to the Slytherin table, I'll talk to you later alright?" Pansy asked. I smiled and nodded. Pansy let go of my hand and walked over to her table. The world was black and white again... I wasn't hungry anymore.