Chapter 15

I flicked my hair over my shoulder as I walked up the steps to the VIP part of a club I had never been in before

I flicked my hair over my shoulder as I walked up the steps to the VIP part of a club I had never been in before. Tyler assured me that it was a good place, though. So I chose to trust the fellow rich kid. ''Scarlett Harper,'' I introduced myself to the receptionist, ''I'm here with Tyler Bradshaw'' I clicked my tongue at her as she scanned me with obvious jealousy.

Her eyes twinkled with judgment and I tilted my head to the side, waiting for her to tick me off just enough for me to lose control. I was not having it today.

''Hm, well, are you sure? Because I don't see-''

''Linda, c'mon, don't disrespect my girl Scarlett like that!'' Tyler grinned at me, despite talking to the jealous receptionist. ''You wouldn't want the big man to hear about this, would you?'' He turned his attention to her, his gaze turning dangerous all of a sudden.

Daddy's nightclub, huh? Interesting.

''I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again'' She backed away, giving me one last judgmental scowl.

''Ah, the joys of being back in your hometown...a place that lacks kindness and acceptance...'' I trailed off, watching the girl walk off with squinted eyes. ''Where judgment is infinitely unlimited!" I sighed, before grinning right back at Tyler.

''Don't start,'' He chuckled, wrapping an arm around my waist as we walked to a booth. I cringed subtly, wanting to take his arm off. ''After so long away in Canada, this place feels like a prison or something...'' He muttered, giving my side a light squeeze.

''Oh, yeah, sure does!'' I smiled fakely, wanting to rip his arm off my waist and feed it to wolves.

''I've heard so much about you, Scarlett Harper'' He murmured as we took sat down right next to each other. His eyes scanned me briefly, thinking I couldn't see it all happen. But something was missing.

There was no interest in his stare.

''I'm sure you've heard nothing but the worst'' I joked, raising a brow at his neutral expression.

''Well, there were some good things...'' He joked right back, making me relax a little. ''It didn't stop me from being interested, though''

That's a lie.

''That's good to hear'' I nodded, smirking to myself.

''So what made you follow me?'' He sat back, motioning for a waiter to serve us. ''Last I heard, you weren't into athletes'' He flashed me a million-dollar smile.

''I'm not'' I pursed my lips.

''So...?'' He stared at me, confused.

''I'm just...lonely, you know?'' I sighed. ''All my friends are God knows where and I'm stuck working this stupid job my brother made me sign up for...'' I was actually telling him the truth.