A Poem For You

✦𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫✦

It was only the second day at your new school. You haven't yet adapted to your new environment, so you still don't feel like you belong. Your brother had already went inside the building, but you just stood there, staring into the nothing.

"Hey, Y/N!" Rose called out to you, waving her hand, with Juleka hugging her from behind.

'They must be pretty close,' you thought.

"Hi!" You waved back and it only took a few seconds before they were next to you.

"Let's go in together," Rose said and you nodded.

You three were all walking together, with you in the middle.

"So, how was your first day of school?" Rose asked.

"Did you like it?" Juleka asked a follow up question.

You were taken aback, but it wasn't too hard to answer. "Thanks to you two, I had a very good first day. Thanks for being my friends, it means a lot."

They watched you with surprised looks on their faces but it quickly turned into smiles.

"Aww, of course!" Rose exclaimed.

"Thanks for being our friend back," Juleka said.

"ThAnkS foR BEiNg oUr FriEND bAck," a voice mocked her and Chloe and Sabrina walked by.

You all glared at Chloe.

"Chloe that wasn't very nice. Apologize to Juleka!" Rose said sternly, clearly upset.

"Ugh, whatever." Chloe flipped her ponytail and entered the class.

'Sorry,' Sabrina mouthed then entered after.

You were annoyed but then looked at Juleka. "Don't worry about her, Juleka. She has nothing better to do with her life other than make others miserable. We should pity her instead," you huffed.

"Are you talking about Chloe?" A voice said with a snicker.

You turned around and saw Alya and Marinette walking towards you all.

"Yes, we are. She was being rude to Juleka!" Rose told Alya.

You looked at Marinette and she still wouldn't face you. You started to think that she doesn't like you and that made you kind of sad.

"That girl never learns," Alya shook her head.

"Why is she like that?" You asked, really confused on why she was acting like a brat.

"I can hear you all, you know!" Chloe shouted from inside the class.

You all gave each other a look then entered the class. It was science. You haven't yet had this class or teacher.

Juleka and Rose sat by the table in the back and you sat by the table opposite to them. Soon after, a messy, brilliant vermillion haired boy with pretty opal eyes sat on the seat next to you.

It was Nathaniel. Not your older brother, but a boy with the same name as him.

"Hi, Nathaniel! Or Nath? Can I call you Nath?" You asked with a smile on your face.

He looked at you then quickly averted his eyes. "Um..uh.."

You tilted your head. "Oh, I'm sorry if I came on too strong. I haven't talked to you yet. It's very nice to meet you," you told him.

You didn't expect an answer and was going to ask Rose and Juleka on what they've been learning in science until you heard a low voice saying: "It's nice to meet you too."