32'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"Chris..." I walk before Azriel, keeping him from Chris as he glared at everyone in the room. "Who let you in here?"

"I was invited." He growls and he looks around at the four vampires sitting in the room. "This is crazy...you really let these people over here? You're really losing it now."

Who in the world would invite Chris? That's when I look down at Azriel, seeing him staring blankly at him. Since he showed no reaction to his presence...I'm assuming he's the reason why.

"I didn't invite you here so that you can ridicule our actions. I actually didn't invite you to hear anything from you - Theros?" Azriel nods at the black man who looked very bored of the situation. Except in some odd way...he bore a similarity to me.

Theros stood up and was suddenly right beside Chris. The look on Chris' face was pure disgust only for Azriel to point at the two of them.

"Chris, it's up to you to take care of Theros and show him around this world. He has his supply of blood that will last him for the whole trip, so I don't want to hear anything about that being otherwise. Also, don't ask me why I chose you...you already know the answer." Azriel says to him in a very cold tone.

I see Chris' whole demeanor shatter and the disgust was gone. He looked at a loss for words...for once. This was surprising to see.

"Azriel what is going on-?" I was about to ask until Azriel pressed his finger to his lips. He shook his head at me and I'm assuming...he'll tell me later?

"And...what will happen if something happens to him that's not under my control, huh?" Chris snaps at him, and I saw Theros snort at the question.

"Nothing will happen to me because I will not allow such a thing. My speed can outdo you werewolves any day. You try any funny business, I won't hesitate to say something." He says calmly and very monotone-like.

"Snitch much?" Chris growls at him, and Theros doesn't give him any answer. I could tell that bothered him as his whole face became red. "I...I don't want to do this."

"You have to, or I'm telling Idris and your little corps group. I will do it, I don't care. You don't get to separate me from my Mate three times and call him an 'orphaned bitch' - did you really think you'd get away with that? Do this, no discussion." Azriel had no kindness towards him and I could tell Chris was surprised too.

Except he just turned around, leaving in a big huff. Theros smirking as he followed behind him and it made me wonder...what was going on with that.

Something about him made my skin crawl...I don't know why. It wasn't because he was suspicious or had a bad nature - I know that's not the case because Azriel brought him here.

I think it's just...I'm not sure. Maybe there is still some slight prejudice on my end - I don't know...

"Okay!" Azriel cradled his stomach, smiling brightly at everyone. That was a big switch as the soft and kind Azriel I'm used to was back. "Maribella, Ash, and Dixon...you already know what to do. The people you are being paired with are outside this room. If there is any problems, come back here."

I see the three of them nod, then suddenly disappear. Azriel glanced up at me only to smile very brightly.

"What was up with the whole Chris and Theros thing?" I end up asking him outright.

"What do you think is going on?" He teases me, causing me to shrug. "I don't really like hypocrites...you know?"

I nod slowly, not understanding how that has anything to do with my question.