No Means Yes, Right?

No. No, no, no.

A word that I'm not familiar with nor do I like yet that small, simple word held so much power over me. It was what kept me separated from Shelley. No was her answer. No was her drawing a boundary line in the sand. No was what kept me from fully claiming what was mine. No was the last word that she uttered to me.

The last several month's hasn't been easy in the least. Yes, at first the killing and placing myself in dangerous situations dulled my want for Shelley but my want eventually grew stronger. Nothing I did eased the ache. Everything was just a temporary fix. No matter how brutal I made a kill or how many cheap women I bedded nothing could rid Shelley from my system. The only thing that could do that was having Shelley to myself.

I do keep tabs on her even though I tell myself it's only to ensure that she doesn't spill the beans to the cop's but who am I kidding. I've had many chances to snatch her off the street and force her to stay but as of right now I manage to fight that urge. I want her to want me as well. I want her to love me again. I need that affection back from her. It's her love that I flourish under.

Naturally me and my Pape are back at it again. I don't think we can have a normal son and father relationship but that's all I'm me. I take the blame. I just don't listen even though I should be using this moment to prove that I can be a worthy, smart king. It's either release my anger on my victim's and dangerous deal's or snatch Shelley and keep her as my prisoner. Even though I'd prefer the latter I know that would be a huge mistake.

Trying to splash Shelley from my mind I made may way to the Den where my Pape was expecting me. Of course I knew what this was about. Last night I hunted down a small time gang leader who refused to stop interfering on our turf. Yes, killing him offered me pleasure but it was messy. I'm sure Pape couldn't wait to rip into me. I entered his office mentally prepared to catch his wrath.

As I stepped in he stared daggers at me. Cole sat off to the side with his usual bag of peanuts snickering. In the recent month's Cole has came a long way and is slowly getting back to himself. Mostly he can be found by my Pape's side. You would think that my Pape was his babysitter and basically he is. He has helped him back this time far better than any meds or therapy could. As for Miri she is shining as well. It's been a long road to recovery but she does walk now and only suffers a slight limp. As for their relationship I don't think it could be any stronger.

"You fucked up last night". My Pape grunted taking my attention off of a laughing Cole.

He tossed a envelope at me which I'm sure contained photo's of my kill last night. Before I had a chance to look inside the envelope he spoke with annoyance. "You was sloppy last night. Worker's discovered part of a finger early this morning and reported it to the police."

I shrugged my shoulders. "They'll never trace it back to me or us".

" Or so you hope". My Pape glared as he smacked his desk.

"This has got to stop Duel. There is no way I can pass the title to you when you are so reckless. The most concerning part is that you don't seem to care." . He paused and pinched the bridge of his nose in such Harper fashion. We all did this when stressed or in G-Pops case when dealing with my G-mom. 

"As of right now I'm giving you a new assignment. You will no longer be working in the field. Your work will be assiting here at the Den". He informed me.

" you're fucking crazy. I need the field, I can't be no pencil pusher". I bit out.

Raising his voice he bellowed. "Do not interrupt me. This is your new and only position until you can learn to be responsible in the field. Don't worry, you will be working along side Cole mostly".