Chapter XIV: All going down

The water droplets were falling on my face. I was holding my face directly in front of shower. It might cause me a cold. But why does that matter? Now that my life has become one. It's like a cold war has been declared between me and Gashmir's fans. I am feeling like I was walking on icy edges, afraid that sharp ones would poke me from nowhere. Freezing hearts without mercy, icy glares. Frosty bites of dirty talking bugs could leave scars on my soul.

Who would heal them?! Who will wrap comforting warm arms and protect me from those vultures?! No one. No one but me.

I stepped out of shower, wrapped a towel around my body, patting my body dry. I pondered why Gashmir would act recklessly around the campus. Dragging and kissing me in front of everyone. Though whatever he has planned, worked. As predicted his followers proved themselves to go blind and blame me for this one too.

Also, my mother called me to tell me the limits. Despite being married to Gashmir, I shouldn't act publicly that way. It would shame our culture and family. Yeah the picture of us kissing unfurled, leaked over the social media. Otherwise, my mother does not get time to talk and today she almost bloodied my ears by her lecture on ethics and manners.

I also got a call from my mother in law. How will she stay behind when it comes to her only son? Blaming and bashing that I already ruined Gashmir's life by marrying him. She too told me to stay within limits. She wasn't worried that her son's kissing picture got viral. No. He was a celebrity after all. It's nothing new for him. Though I hadn't heard of his single affair. She was more worried that it was with me. And what impact will it have on his career?!

Different souls. Different issues. But everyone blamed the girl. Nobody points fingers at boys. Society. That's what it is.

I swear, if anybody blamed Gashmir.

"I saved you last time, didn't I?! Who will now?!" Were his last words before he left me causing ruckus. I was yet to understand what that meant.

Wearing my uniform I stepped out of the bathroom, eyes following me as I made my way to my room. We don't have separate bathrooms, we share it with other two rooms. I guess, this was what Gashmir had on his mind. My moves being watched, judged, criticized by the ones who couldn't mind their own business.

"Shameless."

"Look how innocent she looks."

"Don't go on her face, she has him trapped."

The words constantly bombarded my way since the reckless act of that bastard. I wouldn't cower away though like I have for the past two days. Corroborating their hunger. Though I doubt that there was jealousy hidden behind those cruel eyes and the reason was that I was kissed by Gashmir. Huh?! Or I was just overthinking.

"I warned you, didn't I?! But would you listen?! What will we do now?! How could you let him kiss you?! How could you do the thing in the middle of the campus____" I forgot Adhira was waiting for me in my room. Eating my ears out about being warned. I comb my wet hairs as it is, I can't wait for them to dry while Aj talks.

Should I tell her about being married?! Anyways the damage had been done already. It wouldn't hurt to involve her in this too.

Doesn't mean why would I purposely drag my bestie. She was safe at being unaware of the situation. Even if I have to endure her endless life lessons lectures. Also, god knows what that jerk will do if I share the secret with anyone. It should stay one on one from both sides. Equals the team members. What game was my life playing?!

I took a glance over my shoulders and saw Aj blabbering. Sighing, I took my bag before leaving the room.

☆☆☆

The sun was bright after raining days and nights. I wasn't wrong to wait in the college hockey ground while doing my assignments. The surroundings were calm as there wasn't any practice taking place. The players were off to some tournament. The reason I chose the place.

I saw two shiny shoes halt in front of me. As I looked up the bright rays blocked my vision. But I knew who he was, seeing I was the one who asked him to meet here. Packing my things I shoved them in my sack. I took my precious time to do the simple task.

"Why did you ask me to meet here?!" Gashmir asked. This time I looked at him avoiding the sun rays. And did a double take. Was he always that handsome or was it the sunrays that were enhancing his beauty today?!

Maybe the scene that unfolded two days back has made my eyes see him differently. Whatever. I shouldn't proceed any further with such thoughts. It won't let me anywhere.

Looking around the ground I replied sarcastically, "oh, to discuss the weather, you see?! The weather has been great after so long."

I saw him taking a look around. "Hmm. You are right, the weather is beautiful. Romantic if you see." Did he not get my sarcasm or was he being stupid right now?! Furrowing my eyes I go through my surroundings again. Bright sun, muddy ground, grass was grown too long and looks like it hasn't been cut for ages. Also, it can rain anytime. Thunders and storms. Yeah, totally romantic.

I turned to him and saw a smirk making its way to his face. "What do you think about a date?!"

Aggrieved, I groaned glaring at him, "Stop! Stop playing games, Gashmir."

"Am I?!" He said, casually.

"Aren't you?!" Closing my eyes, taking a deep breath to calm myself down was the good decision I made. I can't fight on this. I know the mistake was mine and I owe him at least an explanation. I opened my eyes, then began to explain to him. I told him everything that had happened.

"I__ I get it that you are upset over all Diya knew of the marriage thing. And___ and I won't deny I was at that time too. You have the right to be angry but that doesn't mean that you can act repulsive."

"I swear, it wasn't me who spilled the truth. Really. She just guessed it correctly. Believe me she hasn't said anything about it after that. I___ I trust her." He listened without interrupting as I apprised him of what exactly happened.

She never brought anything except that day. If she had to do something, she would have done it. But she hadn't. That counts something, right?! I wasn't sure at first but Diya had my trust now.

"I don't." Gashmir took a pause. He had this blank look now. The one that no one could read. He was being distant again. Maybe I shouldn't have talked about it. Not to mention that was the only purpose to call him here.
"Not her, not you after this all."

Does that mean I had his trust before?!

I looked down, tears welling their way to my eyes. I bite my lip to stop myself from crying. Why does hearing that break my heart?! When I don't even care what he thinks. It should not matter if he trusts me or not. Then why did it hurt near my chest?!

Without realizing the effects his words have, Gashmir continued, "I can't stand this marriage anymore. Hereafter I say, you do. I won't bear any blunders, slipups anymore. And if you do, I promise you a hell."

He was treating me inhumane now. He was treating me like the bastard he was. Even after I told him everything he was blaming me. At least he should take efforts to understand.

The thing we are trying to hide from the world isn't simple. It's our marriage. I tried everything possible and tried to not let anyone know. But everything is not in my hands. Why doesn't he empathize with that?!

Why does he, like a conceited bastard he is, always think of himself?! Why doesn't he see how difficult it is to hide these things?! I won't tolerate this. I won't let him walk all over me.

With the building rage and sudden urge to show my disgust to him, I vomited the words I hadn't said to anyone before. And never thought that I would say that to anyone. But Gashmir had it coming the way he was behaving.

With no resentment in my eyes, I looked directly into his, "I hate you, Gashmir Shenoy."

"Believe me on this one, Reddy. The feelings are mutual." He said with equal passion.

Still looking in his eyes, I continued, "Glad we are on the same page. Let's finish this then."