Chapter 20

Ezekiel Raia.

Umupo ako sa tabi ni Selena at hinawakan ang kamay niya. Tears fell from my eyes once I saw her condition.

I did this. I let her ride that car. I let her into my life. I.. I did this.

I continued to hold her hand, as if it would be enough to make her wake up.

Just wake up, Ena. Please.

"Ezra.."

Lumingon kaagad ako kay Tito Alex. He's a family friend who's a doctor at this hospital. Tumayo kaagad ako at naglakad papalapit sa kaniya.

"Tito.. kamusta po siya?"

Tumikhim si Tito at nagbuntong hininga. "I see you've paid all her medical bills."

Tumango ako at tumingin kay Selena. Simpleng galos lang ang nakuha ko. I also broke my arm.. but that's nothing compared to what happened to her.

"Are you sure you won't call her family yet?" tanong ni Tito sa akin.

"Tatawagan ko rin po.. I just need to know how she is first."

Nagbuntong hininga si Tito sa akin at tumango. "Gusto mo bang umupo?"

Umiling ako.

I don't like where this is going. I just need to know.

"Were you aware that she was pregnant?"

Tumango ako, ngunit napatigil ako. What did he say? "Was?"

"The baby didn't make it," aniya. "And Selena.. she's in critical condition. The chances of her waking up are extremely low. Close to zero. Miraglo na lang ang magpapagising sa kaniya, Ezra."

Huminga ako nang malalim at lumingon kay Selena. No.. she'll live. She has to.

"Kaya kailangan na tawagan yung pamilya niya.. if they're going to take her off of life support."

Tumango ako at nagpigil ng iyak. She doesn't deserve this.

"Also, si Zach.. is he your friend? Kagigising niya from surgery."

Hindi ko sinagot si Tito. I looked over at him and took out my phone. "Ako na tatawag, Tito."

"Okay." He nodded. "I'm sorry, Ezra.."

Hindi na ako nagsalita. I went back to the chair beside Selena's bed, with my heart heavy and my eyes full of tears.

Please don't die.

Ako na lang sana. Kahit ako na lang.

Marami pang nag-mamahal sa'yo, Ena. Maraming nag-aantay sa'yo. Marami ka pang aabutin na pangarap.

Zach already knew that I was bad for her. Zach and I used to be.. best friends. Up until we joined Alpha Beta Chi. Alam niya lahat ng problema sa buhay ko. And we were the exact opposites. Kung ang buhay ni Zach, walang ka-proble-problema.. sa akin naman natambak lahat. He knows that I don't have a good relationship with my family. Ayaw niyang madamay si Selena sa magulo kong buhay.. for Zach, Theo was the only one who was strong enough to handle me at my worst. Zach even knows my anger with God..