(41) A Sore Heart ☆

- Miles Adair -
Saturday

I sat on Zodiac's bed hugging my knees as I looked at my phone, how could he?

I looked at the picture of me and him my heart aching as uncontrollable tears ran down my cheeks, I swiped right and a video of us started playing,

'Alec look it likes me'
he laughed and my vision got blurry as tears built in my eyes,

'Miles I think it wants to bite you
...

'Hi I'm Miles'

'Oh my bad I forgot to introduce him this is Miles and he looks cute getting excited about penguins'
he turned the camera back to him and I felt a sharp pain grow in my chest, how could he be so good at faking all of that?

'I'm not cute'

'Exactly'

The video stopped playing and I swiped right again, this time it was a video of him laying on my chest.

'Hey, baby?'
His voice was muffled because he had his face buried in my chest.

'hm?'

'Do you think medusa's pussy hair is snakes too?'

'Ale what the heck?'
I laughed and he raised his head and looked at me.

'what? I'm serious'
He said trying not to laugh  and I laughed shrugging,

'I don't know al-'

'ALEC FUCKING DAMIEN BECKETT GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE'
Nia yelled and the video ended

I cried harder barely breathing feeling my heart getting sore, a knock on the door brought me back to my senses, I quickly wiped my tears and turned the phone off.

"Come in!"
I yelled my voice croaked and Zodiac's older brother Aiden walked in,

"I brought you McDonald's because food is better than people"
He said sitting the food on the nightstand and I quietly thanked him.

He ran a hand through his black messy hair looking at me for a second,

"Can I sit here?"
He asked and I fiddled with the blanket looking at the spot he is pointing to which was on the end of the bed and I slowly nodded, He sat down on the bed and brought the bag of food over to his lap.

"You've been saying you'll eat since yesterday and you didn't eat anything so I'm not leaving you alone until you eat this burger"
He said giving me a toothy warm smile handing me the burger and I looked at him for a second.

"Thank you but um im... I'm not hungry right now"
I said quietly not sure if he can hear me and he sighed.

"How could you?"
He said and I frowned looking at him scared that I might have done something wrong.

"How could you decline this piece of art look at it, look at how delicious and welcoming it looks, look at the chicken that tastes like heaven in your mouth"
He said admiring the burger making my stomach growl,

"Can you smell it? here smell"
He put it close to my nose and its smell made me realize how hungry I am,

"It's such a tragedy that this oh so delicious heavenly-made burger is not gonna be eaten don't you think?"
He said looking at me in the eyes and I looked down then back up at the burger.

"One last chance, Do you wanna eat it?"
He asked and I slowly nodded and he chuckled in victory handing me it his cold metal rings making contact with my skin as I took the burger out of his hand.

"If you feel uncomfortable with me here while you eat I understand and I'll leave you alone-"
Before he could finish I quickly cut him off.

"N- no! please don't leave me alone I don't wanna be alone right now"
I said quickly feeling embarrassed as heat crawled up my neck,

"Okay then I won't leave you alone after you're done eating we can all watch a movie together, Zodiac has been going on and on about you and the group I feel like I already know you so you can consider me a friend of yours"
He said smiling and pulling out a bottle of water and handing it to me,

"Thank you"
I mumbled quietly and he grinned.

"You don't have to thank me, dummy"
He said and I gave him a small grateful smile biting into the burger then Zodiac crashed in, literally.

"Ouch"
They said rubbing their bum.

"Oi you dumbass how many times did I tell you not to run in like a wild animal the door isn't gonna suddenly disappear"
He lectured them and they groaned getting up.

"Hey Milo"
They said sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Hey"
I said and They leaned in to grab the food bag and Aiden slapped their hand away.

"This is Miles's food go get some downstairs"
They groaned sitting back.

"You can have it"
I said handing them the bag and Aiden pulled my hand that had the bag in it back.

"No their food is downstairs this is your food and you're gonna eat all of it"
He said.

"But-"
I began to speak but was shortly cut off.

"No buts you're gonna eat your food"
He said and I gave in eating my burger.

"Looks like Aiden made a friend"
Zodiac said dramatically and he looked at them annoyedly.

"Yes I've made a friend you brat"
He said and they flicked him off.

Even tho they sound like they're arguing they look playful it seems like he and Zodiac are close,

"Aiden go talk to your girlfriend"
They said and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't have one"
He said and They grinned.

"Exactly now shut up you're a 20 years old guy who is handsome and has a flirty personality that you go around flirting with EVERYONE yet you're still single what a shame"
They said and he glared at them.

"You start a thing with Matthew and you forget who you are Zodiac you haven't even had your first kiss yet"
He said and they gasped.

"How dare you"
They said squinting their eyes.

This is so entertaining.

"Explain why you just did that"
They said and He rested his chin on his fist.

"Because I felt like it"
He said and they just huffed sitting back.

"Ignore them they were created to be a buzzkill"
He said brushing the wavy strand of hair that fell on his forehead back.

"Miles don't let him fool you with his charming looks and his charming personality he is a dick"
They whispered in my ears making me chuckle.

"Hey I heard that"
He said pointing his index finger at them.

Maybe staying here wasn't a bad idea.