Special Chapter #3

IT WAS ALWAYS BOTH OF US

"Hey Tae, how are you? I'm lonely without you," Yoongi said as he threw pebbles, sitting down near Taehyung's tomb as he sighed.

"You're having fun now, aren't you? You deserve it. As long as you're happy, I'm contented," he smiled as he looked down.

"I remember that time where I first met you. You were like a cousin and a brother to me, even though I was older," he said as he picked at the grass.

"And Jungkook.... I missed the boy. It was always the three of us. Everything was so... beautiful, if it weren't for all the hate in your heart. I couldn't even recall the time when I last met Hoseok," he muttered.

YOONGI POV

-20 YEARS AGO-

"Look at that guy, Yoongi. I heard he works for your oldest cousin. Look at how horrible he looks," one of my friends said as they stared at the junior who was playing alone.

It was in elementary school when I first laid eyes on the boy who looked so young and fragile. He was in the court, and it was after school. He loved playing ball for some reason. And it made my interest grow in him.

Just why is he so young to even work for my cousin, who is a loan shark and a shady businessman?

As I waved goodbye to my friends, telling them I had to go to the teacher, I made my way to the boy who was bouncing the ball against the wall.

Since he didn't notice me as I crept behind him, he kept bouncing the ball against the wall and I instinctively caught it in my hands, and he quickly looked at me.

"What are you doing, sunbae?" He asked as he turned to me, looking at me from head to toe.

"You're Kim Taehyung, right?" I asked and he looked down before nodding.

"Why are you bullied all the time? What happened?" I asked. I was a kid at that time so I didn't really know how insensitive that question was.

"They bully me... because they say I'm such a loser for not having a family," he mumbled and I nodded as I bounced the ball back at him.

"You know, you transferred to this school weeks ago. Do you recognize me?" I asked as he stood up slowly, taking the ball before bouncing it bacm towards me.

"I only know is that you are my boss's family. I am thankful that he has saved me and raised me," he said as he caught the ball I bounced back to him, and he did the same again.

"I'm Min Yoongi. My mom is your boss's aunt. But she died, so I felt you a bit when you have a missing father," I replies as we kept playing.

"Why are you talking to me? No one ever talks to me, and I don't have friends," he said as he sighed, and my eyes softened at him as I reached my hand out to him.

"Starting today, no matter what people say, I'll be your friend," I said and gave him a soft smile, and he smiled a bit before taking his hand in mine slowly.

-

"You shouldn't bully him like that, you know. He's going through a tough time right now," I said as I looked at my "friends". They were making fun of Taehyung again for being alone.