Chapter 31 ➼ 𝒫𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑒 ℐ𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

ℱ𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑒, 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀 𝑜𝓊𝓉,ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒, ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒

ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒, ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒.
𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉
ℐ'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒.
ℱ𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑒, 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑒.

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

"ANY ONE OF THEM COULD BE chipped and we'd never know," Bellamy voices his concern as the five of them watch the grounders on Flokru's rig prepare for the funeral. Angelina stands besides Octavia, the girl's face now clear of tears as she watches Luna. The girl can't help but feel as this was all her fault. If she had just taken the flame, all this pain and loss could have been avoided.

"If they are, they'll make their move before we put the flame into Luna," Clarke speaks.

Before Angelina can intervene, Luna approaches with five stone goblets. As she hands them out, Luna speaks, "the ceremony is about to begin."

Angelina and Octavia send the woman a soft smile as they each take a cup. As Luna turns to walk away, Clarke calls out, "Luna, wait." Luna turns, locking eyes with Angelina before she turns to face the blonde. "Luna, I'm so sorry," Clarke speaks. "But now you see what we're facing, an enemy that will do anything to win. She won't stop until she has everyone."

Luna doesn't break eye contact as she hands over the flame. "People that I loved died today. Needlessly, at my hand. I can't let that happen again." Clarke doesn't respond as Luna initiates the ceremony by speaking into the crowd of grounders. "As we prepare to give our brothers and sister to the sea, we honor their lives. Kom woda so gyon op, gom woda so kom daun." (From water we are born, from water we return.)

Angelina watches as the group of grounders standing before her repeat Luna's words, while holding up their glasses. The girl follows their lead before slipping from the goblet. The crowd seems to turn their attention to each other as Luna turns to Clarke, who says, "Luna, if we're going to do this we have to hurry. Alie will send reinforcements. We have to find someplace private to preform the ascension."

Luna stares at the blonde lazily as she speaks, "you believe that to defeat an enemy that will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that any different than blood must have blood?"

"Wait a second, Luna," Octavia intercepts, leaning around Angelina. "You can't just," the brunette trails off as she stumbles into Angelina.

"Oh no," the magical girl mumbles as her cup crashes against the ground. Angelina watches Bellamy and Jasper crumble to the ground as her vision blurs. The girl locks eyes with Luna, slightly nodding at woman before she lands on the floor beside Clarke's feet.