025.

THE SCREAMING DEMOGORGANS
we belong by pat benatar

i've invested too much time to give you up that easy

⸺THE day after Tina's party, Tiffany had a horrible hang over. She knew Hopper has had loads of hangovers, so she figured he'd have some sort of remedy that could help her. Tiffany walked over to Hopper's house. She stepped over the trip wire and went to knock on the door. Hopper had taught her the secret knock they had, so they knew it someone safe. Hopper opened the door for her and she walked inside. "Hey Hops."

"We didn't have training today, did we?"

"No. I went to a party last night and I have a really bad hangover. Do you have a remedy or something that helps with that?"

"Yeah, I do actually. Can you just give me a second?" Tiffany nodded and sat down at the table. Hopper opened Eleven's room door. "Rise and shine. So that's it, huh? You're still not talking? Alright. I guess I'm just gonna have to, uh...enjoy this triple decker Eggo extravaganza on my own."

Hopper walked back out into the kitchen and started making some tea for Tiffany. When he finished, he handed her the tea. She tried it and it was actually really good. "Oh wow! Hops, this is really good."

"Thanks. You should feel better in an hour or two." Hopper started making the triple decker Eggo extravaganza and Eleven actually came out of her room. She sat down across from Tiffany. "Hey El."

"Hello."

"Are you mad at Hopper for something?"

"He was late."

"Oh." After a few minutes, Hopper finished cooking and Tiffany finished her tea. Tiffany put the mug in the sink. "I have to head to school, but thank you for the tea and El, I will see you later."

Eleven smiled and Tiffany held her hand out for a high five. El high fived her and Tiffany left Hopper's house to go to school.

⁕    ⁕

Tiffany had her free period and Billy said he had a surprise for her. He was bringing her to the gym and she was confused the whole time. When they got into the gym, Billy waved the coach over. "What do you want, Hargrove?"

"I was hoping that Tiffany could join today." Tiffany hit Billy's arm and the coach started laughing. She then looked at the coach with offence. "Oh, you're serious? Can she even play?"

"Give me a ball and I'll show you." The coach scoffed and one of the boys tossed him a basketball. The coach gave it to her and Tiffany took off her jacket. Thankfully, she wore something she could move in.

"I need people to block me." The coach signaled for people to block her. Steve walked up to her and stood in front of her, ready to block her. "I didn't know you played basketball."

"I learned in California."

"Of course you did." Tiffany started dribbling the basketball. She started leaning in different directions. Tiffany was trying to see the easiest path and she finally found it. Tiffany ran right passed Steve and he wasn't quick enough to stop her. She was quick on her feet. Tiffany was spinning around people, swerving and tricking people. She got passed everyone and she jumped up to the net. She dunked the ball and Billy ran up to her. She high fived him and everyone's jaw was open in shock. The coach walked over to Tiffany and shook her hand. "Alright. Nice job! You're better then half the boys here. If I could get you a spot, would you want to be on the team?"