Chapter 32

It's been a week since Italy

It's been a week since Italy. Since I've met the brothers, talked to Matteo, Rico's death.

Rico definitely is dead, every test, every possibility, I went through it all. The man who got shot that night was Rico. Really Rico.

I looked over the contract that the Italians gave me and I rewrote it, to clear some things out. I have to go soon, maybe after the funeral once I get everything sorted out.

I also need to have an announcement saying that I'm taking the title. Even though I'll be in Italy, I'll handle most of the work online and I will fly there and back whenever I need to.

I still haven't talked to the five, I mean trio about me leaving. I haven't really talked to anyone in the past week, except work-related stuff.

Everyone's really upset and I don't want to add anyone's problems.

I've been avoiding Matteo, I send Maze and John to check on him often. Alias and Luna have been doing a lot of work for me, which I really appreciate. John and Maze were upset with the first few days I arrived, but they can't stay mad at me.

Idiots.

The funeral is tomorrow and all of the leaders are coming so I have to arrange for everyone's safety. I don't know why mafias are so hung up on 'showing their respects', I don't want any of their fake asses there.

I put Luna in charge of arranging the whole thing because I couldn't do it.

Weak.

First, will start with a memorial and then will have the burial. I told the trio that we won't do speeches or anything like that in front of all of the mafias, but just with ours at the end. Everyone respected him, never feared him. I can say that's why our mafia has always been so successful. I taught him that with loyalty comes respect, but never show weakness or they'll use it against you.

I made one 'friend' that was part of the American's and look where that got me. We have started planning our attacks against the Americans. If they want a battle, I'll give them a fucking war.

If you were smart, to begin with, you wouldn't have made that mistake.

I'm about to go home after one long-ass day. John decided that we should sleepover at the apartment so we don't feel like we're alone. For any idiot, he sure is smart.

Nobody's at the main building other than the guards because tomorrow is a busy day for everyone. I do all of the lock-up protocols and get on my bike to go home.

***

I walk into my apartment and toss my shoes off. I'm hungry.

I see John, Maze and Matteo on the couch all staring at me.

Matteo.

"Hello, loves", I yawn walking towards the kitchen to wash my hands.

"Hey, Sage", John cheers getting up and wrapping his arms around me.

Maze and Matteo walk into the kitchen and might I add, John and Maze don't know about what happened with Matteo.

"How's work", Maze flashes me a smile while pouring a glass of water.

She holds it in front of me, "drink up".

I take the glass from her giving a thank you in return. Matteo looks at me as I ignore his gaze.

"Okay. I am going to go get freshened up and then I'll come to join you guys", I announce walking towards my room.

"Order food", I yell once I get to my bedroom.

***

"Order food", I hear Sage yell from her bedroom

I have had one hard-ass weak. I've been missing Rico like crazy, I just don't know how I'm going to live my life without him.

The day after his death I made a horrible choice. Instead of dealing with everything as a family, I let my darkness consume me. I don't entirely remember what happened, but I know exactly what I said to Sage.

If someone I loved said that to me, I would break. If Rico was listening to what I said, I'm sure he would beat the shit out of me. Rico means everything to me, but Sage is just as important. I love her to death and instead of telling her I needed her, I lashed out at her. She's been avoiding me ever since.

I'm not surprised she didn't tell anyone, she doesn't like telling anyone about how she feels. She saves everyone else forgetting about herself. Over the years we have grown to love that about her and find it admirable.

Rico was head over heels for Sage and it hurts to see that they never got their happy ending. I have known Sage for two years and never had I seen her like that. It was always real, I never meant what I said.

"Guys, I'm going to the washroom", I declare awkwardly.

Why would you say that?

"Okay.. go-ahead", Maze gives me a thumbs-up while John stares at me with his brow furrowed.

They go towards the living room while I go to where Sage is.

I stand outside her door until I hear the door nob spin. I push myself inside and close the door. I quickly turn around to have a gun pointed at my head.

Holy shit, I'm going to die in the hands of my best friend.

You deserve it.

"Oh it's you", Sage says nonchalantly lowering her gun and tucking it away.

I have got to learn how she stays so relaxed all the time.

"Can we talk", I ask looking down at my feet.

Are they always this crooked?

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.