Chapter 21: The Fourth Wall?!

"So you and Shantae fought three barons, including Techno Baron?" Asked Uraraka.

"Yeah," said Izuku. "They were Hypno Baron and Ammo Baron. And, according to Shantae, there's one more baron to fight. Squid Baron."

"So, Shantae," said Ochako. "What is Squid Baron like?"

"Uh…" Shantae was silent for a moment, trying to figure out how to describe the strange red blob with tentacles. "Well… he's very… strange."

"Strange?" Asked Kirishima. "How strange is he?"

"Who cares about how strange the squid freak is?" Bakugo sneered. "If I see that tentacled freak, I'll turn him into seafood!"

Sky groaned. "Does your friend really have to be so… graphic?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it," said Kirishima with a smile that melted the bird trainer's heart. "That's just the way Bakubro is."

Todoroki nodded. "He really wants to be the next #1 hero," he added. 

Rottytops rolled her eyes. "Well, since he seems to be always angry, I don't think he's any closer to becoming #1," she said. "I think that if anyone is going to be #1, it's going to be Izuku over there!"

Shantae nodded with a giggle before giving her green hero a kiss. "No doubt about that," she said. "He has all the necessary qualities to be a hero! A big heart, a kind spirit, and a gentle soul."

Izuku blushed and rubbed the back of his head shyly. Bolo then went up to him and gave him a good pat on the back. "He's a good friend," he said. "He's the man that I'm looking up to in order to be a better hero!"

Ochako smiled at Bolo and gave him a thumbs up with a big cheerful smile. "I bet you'll be a great hero someday," she said, causing the boy to blush a little.

"Oi, Deku," said Bakugo. "Do you have a plan to beat him? You better come up with one, nerd!"

Shantae growled in annoyance. "Seriously?!" She asked while getting up in his face. "Do you want me to use a fire spell on you? Because being rude to my boyfriend will earn you a fire spell to the face!"

Izuku quickly rubbed the genie girl's shoulders to calm her down. "It's okay, Shantae," he said. "He's right that we need a plan. Plus, I'm used to him calling me a nerd."

Shantae scoffed at the explosive boy before turning to her green hero. "Okay, first off, Squid Baron usually charges at his opponent and bounces around, creating shockwaves," she explained. "After taking a beating, he eats food to replenish his energy. The good news is that he's not very bright."

"Then we shouldn't have to worry too much about him," said Kirishima. "I'll show him how a man fights!" He hardened his arm to show his determination.

Sky giggled at the sight. "My goodness," she muttered. "What a man!" She felt her heart race and her cheeks warm up.

Suddenly, there was a rumbling from a distance. The heroes rushed outside and saw smoke in the distance.

"Could that be Squid Baron?" Asked Izuku.

"Only one way to find out," said Shantae. "Let's go!"

Everyone suited up and began to run to the source of the explosion.

*****

Deku landed and stared at the sight of the explosion. Suddenly, he felt something small crash into him. He looked down and saw the same little girl he had rescued when he first arrived at Scuttle Town. 

"It's you, mister," she said. "Thank you for saving me!"

Deku smiled and patted her head. "No worries," he replied. "Saving people with a smile is what I like to do!"