Chapter 22

Day #5 of careers week.

Today is definitely going to be eventful. Elijah went on his mission last night with his team along with Bruce's. He still hasn't come home yet and I was very worried till Benjamin called him and made him promise that he was perfectly fine and nothing happened.

Anyway, Benjamin is officially all fixed up. Personally, I think my cuddles did the job but that's just me. This also means I'm going to work with Benjamin today. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely excited especially because Richard promised me that they have a surprise for me today, but I still wanted to hang out with Elijah. We hardly hang out and I was looking forward to fighting crime with him for two days. The smelly criminals yesterday ruined it!

"Everly honey, we need to get going or we'll be late." Ben shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Speaking of fighting crime with Elijah, I spent most of the night worried about him. Especially because I knew exactly what was going to happen at exactly 2am but I had no clue what would happen afterwards. Thankfully Ben doesn't know I spent most of the night wide awake. However I think he'll realise when I start dozing off during the day.

I grabbed my backpack which had some colours and colouring books along with Mr bananas who also stayed awake with me. He's probably napping.

"Benjamin, if today is boring then I'm retiring." I grumbled as I made my way down the last steps and sat down as Ben put my shoes on for me.

"Well Richard said he has a surprise so that'll be fun. Also we need to get your head checked up on." Ben said with a frown.

"I'm completely fixed Benjamin." I said as I rolled my eyes and got up from the step and followed him out the door.

"Well young lady, that'll be for me to decide." He said as he booped my nose and buckled me in.

The drive to the hospital was longer than usual, yay New York traffic but I guess I didn't mind too much since we managed to actually finish my Disney playlist.

"Everly!" I heard someone shout just as Ben and I got into the elevator.

He stuck his hand out so it wouldn't close and waited for non other than Richard step in with us.

"How would you like to hang out with me for the day? I can show you how I do stitches and you can give me some good company." He said with a grin.

"Sure Richy, I'm getting kinda sick of big Ben here." I whispered as he started laughing and Ben rolled his eyes. Oops.

"Can we also check up on Mrs Ross?" I asked.

"The heart transplant patient?" Richard asked in confusion as I nodded.

"I don't see why not." He said with a smile just as the elevator doors opened.

"Get your scrubs on, today we're having some fun." He said with a bright smile as Ben and I headed over to his office so we could quickly change.

Once we were in our navy blue scrubs, we got back into the elevator and went down to the 2nd floor where Mrs Ross was.

I payed her a visit on my second day just before we left. She seemed so happy and less pale. Her cheeks rosy red and her eyes sparkling with hope and joy. It was a beautiful sight to see.

It's obvious Mr and Mrs Ross have taken quite the liking of me considering the fact that Mr Ross asked Richard about me on the two days I wasn't here. It's so adorable! I love old people.

Anyway, we soon reached their room and I excitedly ran inside to see something I don't think I should have. I don't think any 4 almost 5 year old should see.