Chapter 11: Deal of the Damned

"I need you to marry me." Malik said, straight faced as if it were a simple request like asking somebody to put their shoes away. But it wasn't.

"What? B-but that's not right. I can't do that, I don't love you! You can't marry a person that you don't love!" I said, shocked that he'd ever ask me to do that.

"No please just hear me out-"

"What is there to hear out? I can't marry you if I don't love you, it's just lying to everybody, lying to myself. If I swear to marry you and that I love you then it's not true!"

"No, please just hear me out, it's not what you think-"

"It better not be! I can't marry a person I don't love!"

"Yes! Yes, I know." he said and then sighed, "Please, just let me explain."

"Fine." I said, not wanting to hear what he had to say.

"Okay. The slayers have been attacking often because of my fathers track record with humans, they think that humans and vampire's can't exist and that I'm only creating a bunch of blood thirsty vampires by not letting them drink from humans. They want me to give up because it's a risk waiting to happen and if all of the vampires do go crazy then the whole town will be effected, most of the people here are related to humans that live in the town and so their lives would be destroyed as well, all because I'm apparently depriving them of what's natural to their instinct. I need something to show the slayers that vampires and humans can live together naturally. The slayers will believe how much self restraint that my family, let alone a vampire can have."

I sat thinking about what he'd just said for several minutes.

If I married him then it wouldn't be morally right, it would be lying to everybody that didn't knowabout our deal that I loved him and then I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

Decieving is wrong, that's what I was always taught by my mother.

What would my mother say aswell?

She would see it as lying to god and a sin.

But I want to see my mother!

I will never get to see her again if I don't do this, I'll never get to hug her or apologize for arguing with her. I'll never get to tell her how much I love her.

But how will it work?

If I marry him then I can't divorce him and leave straight away, the slayers will know that it's all just a plot to get their faith.

I don't want to stay here much more longer and if I get married then it not sure how long I have to stay here.

"What will happen? Once I marry you? I can't stay married to you forever." I asked.

"Oh yeah. Well I want to just say that we can bring you home and that's the end of it, but it's not. The slayers won't just accept that you are married to me and that's it, they'd want us to prove it even more."irst

"How do we do that?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't anything much worse then getting married.

He looked at me and then stood up, pacing back and forth in the  room. "Did you know that there is such thing as spirits? I'm not talking about when you die and your spirit runs free, I'm talking about proper spirits. They are what some people might refer to as being God. They can give create life, take it away as long as you have a genuine reason for it. They ask you questions and then look at the way you have behaved in your life, if your good, they'll grant you your wish, but if your bad then they'll reject it and punish you for behaving badly and wasting their time...Do you know that people say they're responsible for us supernatural creatures? The spirits can help people so much.." Malik said and then a little bit more quietly, "I know that more then anybody."