twenty-six - you

please look at me with that same smile,

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|"You know where."

You had a dumbfounded look on your face when he had left you all alone in that park with that ice cream that was already on borrowed time.

"I'm not that intellectual." You whispered to yourself. "Why can't you just tell me the damn location?"

Now with newfound anger at the boy who you had the impression was playing games with you, you left the park - licking the cool ice cream with your tongue iron hot from annoyance along the way.

As you thought about your game plan, you inhaled the remnants of the ice cream cone and licked your lips, dusting off your clothes.

"I guess it's time to play a game of how in sync we are." You smiled happily, cracking your knuckles as you went.

But as you trudged on the way back home, you had a feeling that this meeting with the boy would be about something far, far more than just a game.
-
"Fancy meeting you here, remind me who you are again? I believe we have met somewhere before."

You popped up from behind the person you'd come to know as Yuki, someone who had mysteriously left out his last name upon meeting you.

Someone who had crashed into you, sending your world spiraling. Someone who had challenged you. Someone who forced your eyes wide open, so you could see the world for what it was. Someone who had helped you see that life wasn't such a bad thing after all. Someone who taught you how to feel happiness, sadness, anger, annoyance and many, many other things.

You'd just be an empty shell, had you not met him.

Well. At least an expiring shell. Something fading, not quite there anymore, something that assumes the world no longer has any use for its presence. Something useless.

useless,

and

e mpt y.

The boy chuckled, his grey-eyes glistening silver in the moonlight. With his back still facing you, elbows on the railing overlooking the small water body ahead of you two, he smiled. Then, he turned his head slightly, his face in your full-view now.

"Hello there, nice to meet you. The feelings of familiarity are mutual. Oh yes, and I'm Yuki. Yuki Sohma."

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

so i can remember my reason to live again.

words: (error!) 404
published: 01/06/2021