Chapter Twenty Three

"What the heck is that?" Newt asked looking at his feet. Eleanor bursted out laughing and Newt was super confused. 

"It's... your.... socks!" Eleanor could barely make out the words in between laughs.

"My socks?" He asked and took his shoes off to see the bowtruckles screaming at him.

"Yes!" She laughed even harder. "They scream when your feet get smelly!"

"El! What if I was out in public and that happened!" He chuckled. 

"That would be so embarrassing!" She giggled.

"What am I going to do with you?" He asked and shot over to her and began tickling her which made her scream.

"Newt! Stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She pleaded which made it worse for her as he tickled her even harder. "I'm gonna kick your ass Scamander!"

"I'd like to see you try!" He yelled back at her and watched her struggle trying to fight him off. Newt didn't exactly look like the muscular type, but he was stronger than he looks. 

"Ugh Newt! Fine okay okay! You win!!" Eleanor gave in and let him tackle her onto the couch. 

"About time I beat you at something!" He laughed. 

"You're stronger than I thought Scamander," She said while poking him in the ribs. "What are we going to need for Egypt?"

"We're packing our own camp this time, but I think we have everything we need in the case. We'll pack a tent and when we find where we're staying we'll put some enchantments around us and just stay in the case. I'd pack pants, a light long sleeve, and boots. It'll be dusty so bring a handkerchief to cover your face. Um... pajamas obviously and I think that's really it." He rambled a bit.

"Which creatures are you taking?" She asked.

"Most likely the Niffler, Dougal, the bowtruckles, and the murtlap. Everyone else can stay with Bunty." He replied.

"Newt?" She asked.

"Hm?"

"Why didn't you introduce me to Bunty as your girlfriend?" She asked.

"She already knows about you El," He replied. 

"Oh okay," She said. He turned to face her and kissed her nose.

"I told her all about you when we left for Antarctica. She knew who you were when she walked in on us locking lips." He said and Eleanor smiled at him. She stared at him and got lost in his eyes.

"What are you looking at?" He asked her.

"Your face," Eleanor giggled.

"What about it?" 

"Your eyes... they're nice," She said and stroke his cheek with her thumb. "I can't tell if they're... cerulean or sea foam green..?" She trailed off while getting lost again.

"They're uh...technically hazel." He flushed.

"And your freckles..." She began.

"They're ugly. I know." He said and turned his head to the side. Eleanor put his face in both her hands and had him face her again.

"That is an absurd thing to say, love. They're... beautiful. How many are there?" She asked.

"Too many... I wish there a spell to get rid of them," He replied.

"I'm so glad there's not," She said and kissed his lips gently. Eleanor waved her wand and a new record came out to play. 

"Is this new?" Newt asked her and she nodded.