04| Zhongli Almost Dies

Aether's tail swishes around beside him as he laid on the couch, his eyes locked onto the tv as Auggie did his homework and watched the television

Aether's tail swishes around beside him as he laid on the couch, his eyes locked onto the tv as Auggie did his homework and watched the television. He was sure that Uncle said not to, but here he was. His eyes locked onto the cat laying in Auggie's lap, Mr.Zhongli, and the cone that wrapped around his neck.

He almost died three times in the past two days they've been there. If it weren't for Xiao and Auggie, he would've been dead.

---

It was sometime after dinner, Uncle had cleaned their large dish and Auggie watched the Television. Most of the cats roaming around or laying beside the boy, Albedo had Klee settled down and sleeping on his back as he watched the television in wonder and his light blue eyes following each new person on the screen.

Aether was in Auggie's lap, enjoying the attention that the boy was giving him but noticed Zhongli was trying to sit up on the couch. His movements a bit sloppy until he was on the top of the couch and looking out the window or tried to. The blinds were covering his vision and Zhongli pawed at the string. It made the blinds shutter a bit, revealing a bit of outside and Zhongli began pulling it towards him once more, he used both hands as he pulled them back and the blinds began revealing more and more. He was so close-

How did it get around his neck that fast?

"Ah! Exuvia!"
"Sensei!"

Xiao was yanking the string off, trying to help the older man before he could hang himself or worst. Childe was attempting to tug on Sensei's tail, trying to pull him out but soon Zhongli's body was lifted, and sat down on the floor. [M/N] had come to check on Auggie but saw the three cats playing with the blinds. "Why are you guys playing with the blinds? What's the point if one of you were about to die from it?"

Zhongli takes deep breaths as he settles next to Aether and brushing his hair back a bit with his tongue, the usual cat thing. "Thank you sir..." Zhongli breaths out but obviously, [M/N] didn't catch a word as he fixed the blinds. He did noticed the look that the cats gave him, especially the fluffy cat he named Hades. "Werid cats..." [M/N] mutteres as he closed the front door and locked it, two clicks of the two different locks before checking the time.

"Auggie, Bedtime."

"Awwww! Come on Uncle, a little more-"

"No, because you have school in the morning." [M/N] said as he closed the blinds after making sure the windows were locked and closed. Auggie sighs as he placed his homework into his bag before placing it on the hook behind the door. "Goodnight guys." Auggie said but lifted up Dr.Pepper, also known as Diluc into his arms.

"Let go of me." Diluc said but came out as a tiny meow which Auggie cooed at before walking upstairs with [M/N] turning the light off behind him.

"I was so close to seeing Celestia again.." Zhongli said as he licked his paw, trying to push down any wild fur rising up. Childe sat down next to Zhongli snickering a bit, " It is not funny Childe."