Twenty Five

Lori sighed as she stared into her mirror, she wore the beautiful dress Kol had sent her as a gift. It definitely showed her curves more as the dress was a little tight in the bodice area, she smiled as she felt the nerves prickle again. She took her shaw that laid on her bed and wrapped it around her arms, she kept a natural makeup and her hair was styled down in curls.

Rebekah kept complementing her as she had done her hair, with confidence she finally made her way out of her room. She could already hear the chatter of people, she clasped her silk gloved hands in front of her. She walked forward noticing Kol waiting in front, she smiled when he turned to meet her gaze. He was momentarily speechless as he gave a low bow, Lori too gave a small bow before he offered her his arm.

She took it gratefully as he began to guide them down the stairs before stopping halfway with the rest of his family. He leaned in as his breath fanned Lori's ear, "you look absolutely stunning dear" Lori turned to him smiling as she blushed. She turned back to the crowd as Elijah began to talk "welcome, thank you for joining us you know, whenever my Mother brings our family together like this" he paused looking around his head held high.

"It's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance, tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom" Elijah said walking down the stairs. Kol turned to Lori, "may i have this dance" he said jokingly.

Lori smiled "you may" she said before they turned walking down the stairs and into the ballroom. Lori had never dance like this, she normally would just run around and spin and call it dancing. She felt like she was doing horribly as she looked down, "you're doing great, love" Kol whispered. Lori looked up loosing her nerves even if it was for just a second.

Lori was spun into someone else's arms, she looked up and smiled "how's your date, Caroline" Lori teased. Klaus smirked, "how's my brother" he said as they spun. "I don't really like Caroline but i'm glad you found someone that makes you happy, even if it's her" Lori said looking to where Caroline was now dancing. Lori couldn't stay mad at Klaus and she definitely couldn't choose his love life, she just hoped it would be someone else.

She was spun into someone else's hands and was glad to see it was once again Kol. "You know this is getting a little boring, care to join me for what i consider fun" Lori said with a mischievous smile. Kol smirked before he nodded, Lori quickly to his hand and led him outside to the back of the mansion where there was a large clearing with grass.

She smiled letting go of Kol before walking forward, she picked up her dress kneeling down before bringing her hands out. She closed her eyes muttering a spell underneath her breath, and sure enough flowers began to grow all around. Lori turned to Kol who was already looking at her smiling, "growing flowers?" Kol said as Lori got up. "Partly" she said before grabbing his hand and picking up her dress from the front. She turned to him, "you might want to keep up" she said before turning towards the field and running.

Kol was pulled forward before he too rand forward, Lori let go before twirling in a circle. Her dress lifting up as air seeped under it, Kol smiled watching her before he ran to her picking her up from behind. He lifted her in the air as she laughed and stretched out her hands looking up, Kol brought her down before turning her around.

And so they began to dance, this wasn't like the dance inside. This was more fast with much more spins, Lori giggled as Kol lifted her from her waist before bringing her back down. Eventually they both fell down as they looked at the night sky, which was now clouded with stars. "This is what me and my coven would do almost every night" Lori whispered almost inaudible. She turned her head catching Kol's eyes as she stared at her like she was a painting. Trying to understand her, she smiled before turning and sitting up.

"We should go before Klaus figures i'm gone, wouldn't want to give him the wrong idea" Lori said standing up and dusting herself off. Kol too got up cleaning himself before turning to her "hop on?" he asked. Lori blushed before walking forward, Kol picked her up bridal style not giving her time to protest before he sped back to the party. He stopped at the entrance letting Lori get down, "i need to get used to that" she said as she now felt dizzy.

"Cmon love" Kol said offering his arm to help her balance, she took it gratefully as they once again entered.