Surprise|Key [Shinee]

I removed the towel which wrapped around my wet hair and walked downstairs. I saw Key in the kitchen drinking orange juice. I smiled and skipped down, excited at what Key must've prepared for my birthday. I wrapped my hands around his neck and hugged him. "Morning baby" I beamed at him. "Good morning my lady" He replied back. "Why are you so dressed up today?" I asked him smiling. Expecting him to say, 'We're going out on your birthday that's why' but "For office. Why else would I dress up?" He said like it was nothing. I frowned a bit but then smiled again. "What day is it today honey?" I asked him again.

"Today... Ahh" His eyes lit up as I waited for his answer. "It's Friday! Tomorrow, soccer match's final is there!" He said and got up. He took his coat and wallet before heading to the door. I bit my lips in disappointment. I followed him behind. He was about to wear his shoes when I questioned, "Key aren't you forgetting something?" I raised my eyebrows. He frowned at me but then his eyes widen. "My phone!" He said and ran inside as my last hope was crushed down. I felt a pair of lips on my cheek. "Thanks baby. I would've been dead for not answering my boss's call. I'll get going now" He smiled and walked out, closing the door.

I looked at the slippers he removed. "He don't even remember his wife's birthday. How can he?!" I gritted through my teeth as my eyes filled with tears. I turned around walked into our room. I was about to change into something comfortable when my phone rang. 'Min Min' I answered the call. "Hey Taemin" I greeted. "What's with your tone? Did something happen?" He asked immediately. I sighed and said, "Let's meet at the café then I'll tell you." I told him. "Okay. I'm nearby that café. I'll be waiting" He said and hung up. I sighed before drying my hair and applying peach pink lipstick.

I took my handbag, stuffing it with the lipstick, my phone and my wallet. I took the house keys and walked out of our apartment. I locked the door and started walking to the café. It was only minutes away from my house. I saw couple laughing while holding hands. They were happy. It could've been me and Key if only he remembered my birthday. I sighed and took out my phone. I started looking through my texts if there were any. There were about 20 texts wishing me birthday but the only person I wanted to forgotten. The phone slipped out of my hand as I bumped into someone.

I looked up and saw Onew. I frowned as to why he here? "Onew oppa... How come you're here?" I asked him. "O-Ohh... I was heading to my friend." He answered. My eyes went down to the box of cake and packets with balloons in them. "These are for?" I pointed at the stuff in his hand. "F-For their anniversary. Yes anniversary." He nervously said. I nodded, unsatisfied with the answer but let it slide because it's not my business. "Wish them from me too." I said smiling. He nodded vigorously and ran away. I frowned at this uneasy feeling but pushed it away. I turned around to walk but remembered my phone was still on the floor.

I bend down and picked it up and head to the café. I pushed the door and entered inside. I saw Taemin sitting at the table with two coffee cups. I smiled and started walking to him. He must've felt I arrived because he turned to me. "Hey noona!" He greeted me. "Hello Taemin-ah." I sat in front of him. "Happy birthday noona!" He beamed at me and slide a box towards me. "There was no need to buy a present. You remembered my birthday, that's enough" I warned him. "Of course I had to bring. How can anyone forget your birthday noona!" he said as I looked down. "Your hyung did though." I mumbled.

"Hyung did?!" I heard Taemin raise his voice. I slowly nodded, "Yes. I tried to remind him many times but he just forgot it." I told him making him sigh. "I'll call him wait." Taemin informed and took out his phone. My eyes widen and I snatched his phone out of his hands. "Don't! If he don't, then let it be" I said. "But he's your husband for god's sake!" He protested. "That's my point. He's my husband. Shouldn't he remember dates like this? Ugh whatever!!" I groaned in frustration. "Noona, let's go to picnic! I have a basket in the car. We'll celebrate your birthday there" He suggested. I thought about it for a second.

It's not bad right? At least someone's putting effort in celebrating my birthday so why not. "Okay let's go" I smiled at him as he nodded. He handed me the cup of coffee and we head to his car. We went to the lake at a place and celebrated my birthday with sandwhiches, coke, cookies and egg rolls. It felt nice. Sitting by nature, eating food and having someone to talk to. We talked about how his university is going. He's in last year right now. His finals are in a month so he's a bit tensed. I heard he have a crush on a girl in his Dance class. So cute!! My baby is growing! I was kind of proud when he told me I'm the first one to know this.

We then head back home. I told him I'll go on my own but he wasn't taking no as an answer. We both had a karaoke in the car. I was a little happy today. The thought of Key forgetting my birthday never left my mind for a single minute. I opened the door and stepped out of the car. "Let's go noona" I heard Taemin say. "Where?" I asked him. "To your house of course" He replied. I tilted my head in confusion as he was acting suspicious. I followed inside anyways. I saw the lights were turned off. I left them on though. "Taemin you're acting sus-" I was stopped midway. "SURPRISE Y/N!"

I startled as people mostly, my friends, family and SHinee were here. I looked at them shocked as I couldn't process the things happening in front of me. My eyes travelled to Key. He was walking towards me with cake in his hand. I looked at him with teary eyes. "Baby don't cry! Do you not like it?" he asked me worried. "Taemin, take the cake from him." I said coldly. "Why noona?" he asked me confused. Everyone was now silent. They're not having any idea what I'm doing. "Just do as I said Taemin. Take the damn cake in your hands" I glared at him. He nodded and walked to Key. "Sorry Hyung" he mouth to his hyung.

I slowly started walking towards Key. My stare hard as ice, but my mouth was tightly shut, preventing me from laughing. I threw my hands around him as he froze, "Thank you for this surprise. I love it" I yelled as everyone sighed in relief. "Gosh you scared me woman!" Key smacked my arm as I giggled. "Sorry. But at least you did something. Not like the morning, forgetting my birthday." I pouted. "Oh babyyy... I didn't forget your birthday, I was just acting like I did so I could prepare this surprise for you. Why do you think Taemin called you out of nowhere?" He asked me. I looked at Taemin, to see him smiling.

I remembered he was holding the cake and balloons for this occasion. "Thank you so much!" I bowed to everyone. I cut the cake as everyone sang the birthday song for me. I first fed Key and gave him a kiss. "Sorry for morning babygirl." Key back hugged me. I placed my hands around his and replied, "Its fine. If you didn't acted that way, I wouldn't have got such an amazing surprise." I smiled at him. He chuckled as we looked at the stars. Maybe... somethings are meant to be yours and only yours. And I'm glad that this person here is mine. I can't ask anything to god now....

 I can't ask anything to god now

_______

I didn't knew how to write the ending thoughts but I tried my best. Hope you liked it!