Chapter 36

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

Landon drives to the curb once we stop in front of a pizza restaurant.

He parks his car out the front and gets out of his side and goes to my own, opening the door.

I get out as I take his hand in mine, and we walk to the restaurant.

Landon starts talking to the man standing out the front in a different language.

I pay no mind to their conversation, instead, I take Landon and I's intertwined hands and I twist them looking at his tattoos.

I trace the pattern with my finger being sincerely engrossed in the tattoos.

I feel Landon start walking and I follow behind.

We make it to an elevator and it opens just as we stop in front of it.

We head inside the doors closing as Landon pushes a button.

A couple of seconds later the doors open and it reveals a balcony with only one table for two.

The view though was what made my breath hitch.

It was an entire view of the city, similar to the one we first went to.

But this one was a lot closer and a much better view of the city.

You could see everything from the view.

I walked towards it being mesmerised by it.

I reach the railing and look over the setting in adoration.

I turn back around and see Landon talking to a man in a black suit as he holds out a black bag for Landon.

I pay no mind to it and sit down on one of the chairs.

Landon finishes the conversation with the man and comes around to his side of the table and sits down opposite me.

I look up into his grey eyes and see them snap up to mine.

We stare into each other's eyes for what feels like hours until eventually, he breaks it.

He looks down towards the jug of water placed on the table and takes my glass filling it up then filling his own.

I smile at him in appreciation and take a sip of my water.

I turn my eyes back to the scene in front of us and watch the city as my body calms at the sight.

A waiter approaches our table and I turn my attention back to the table.

"What can I get you two tonight?" The waiter asks.

Landon eyes me and then turns to the waiter and points to something on the menu.

"For two." He says.